Chapter 21

Chapter 21

We drove down the familiar long driveway and stopped outside the front door. We went inside in silence and I made my way upstairs and to my room, not even bothering to look at the kitchen or lounge.

I got to my room and bellyflopped onto my bed. The familiar silk blanket rubbed against my skin. It's softness taking me into an invisible heaven.

I felt my heavy eyelids starting to droop and gave way to my tiredness. I am tired. Physically and definitely mentally.

**********

I felt prodding on my arm as I refused to open my eyes. The wanting of sleep still my main priority .

I was finally awoken when I started hearing my name being called. "Mercury wake up. Hurry up. We're going to be late." I sat up from my bed and saw Samuel there tapping his foot impatiently.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I scanned him up and down, his dress shirt paired with a pair of black denim jeans. "What for?" I asked. "A party."

I let his comment process before I asked confusingly "But we're not allowed to throw a party."

"We're not hosting the party. Danny is so let's go." Samuel commanded in urgency. I sighed in tiredness as I got dressed and didn't even bother to look at my appearance as I put on a black shirt and some Canterbury shorts.

**********

We got out of Samuel's car and made our way to Danny's front door. I examined his house as we walked up and although it wasn't as big as Samuel's it was still a modest size.

We walked in and the instant smell of sweat filled my nostrils. The dim lighting offering nothing but the vision of others rubbing their bodies together. "HEY OVER HERE!" I heard someone scream through the crowd. I scanned the crowd and identified Freddy's ginger hair, and by his side a smiling Danny.

"I'm glad you guys could make it." Samuel said in a loud tone. "Yeah. Well this guy over here was sleeping so sorry we're a bit late." Samuel said as he gestured to me.

" Shine a light through an open door
Love and life I will divide
Turn away 'cause I need you more
Feel the heartbeat in my mind."

I listened to the song as I let the music flow through my ears. "Come on let's dance." Samuel said as he grabbed my hand and lead me into the groups of people dancing.

"Diamonds in the light
Now we're standing side by side
As your shadow crosses mine."

The lyrics boomed as we danced. I felt my hips move as I started dancing to the rhythm of the song.

**********

"My feet hurt I'm going to sit down." I said as I walked around the lounge. I tried to find a place to sit but the couches all seemed to be taken up. My feet ached as I looked at the full couches.

I roamed into the kitchen but the table was covered in kegs and empty cans.

I sighed as I stumbled down the hallway and entered and empty bedroom. I flopped down on the bed, my body still tired from what happened before.

"Hey what's wrong?" I heard a masculine voice say as I let my eyes close. "Nothing I'm just tired." I mumbled as they made their way into the room. I felt the lights turn on as the artificial lighting warmed my skin.

"Hey what's that?" I rolled over and looked up at Samuel as he stood in the doorway. "What?" I asked in confusion. "Your skin. There's white on it."

I checked my skin and my eyes bulged as I looked at my pale skin showing through my tanning cream.

"And what happened to your hair? Did you spill beer in it."

I raced to the bedroom mirror and looked at myself. My fake tan fading away and my natural hair colour visible.

Samuel paced towards me with a can in his hand. "What are you doing?" I asked in concern as he neared closer to me. He grabbed my wrist and poured his beer on me. I squirmed as I felt the chill beer trail down my skin. "What are you..." I stopped mid-sentence as I watched the beer burn away my tan.

Samuel stood in silence as he released my wrist. He took a step back and I watched his teeth grind together. He growled as his fist clenched. "Samuel I'm..." I stopped mid sentence as his glare burned my eyes. "You liar."

I gasped at his harsh tone and took a step back as I held his glare. I started making my way towards the door. "Where are you going?" Samuel asked as the can in his hand started getting crushed. "Nathan." He finished. "Where are you going Nathan?"

A/N

Well that's sad. So um it's going to be in Samuels P.O.V. next chapter so don't get confused.

Vote/Comment/Follow

-YOP