Chapter 11

So please excuse any grammatical errors and/or any mispelled words. I do this off my phone since I don't have home internet and i try my best to notice and go over it since my phone doesn't automatically capitalize the I's. Thanks for reading and I hope u enjoy :) ^·^

Love and Gratitude,
J.E.Wollstonecraft
****************************
My conversation with Klaus left me lost in thought for days. Or rather the end of our conversation did. Although the conversation had been pleasant enough throughout, the conclusion had left me both slightly worried and scared. First off, how had he known that Cami had warned me to stay away from him? He had been nowhere near when she had warned me; she had even pointedly waited for him to leave. And second, what was with the disturbing warning? Now i was really starting to believe Cami when she said to stay away from him.

However, my rational mind was surprisingly taking a backseat throughout this entire thing, leaving me with my emotions at the wheel. Which, "shockingly", was not a good thing. With them at the wheel, the one currently driving my entire focus was my desire to see Klaus again. Its been three days since I had last seen him, and despite being swamped with my coursework my mind seemed to wander back to him at any free moment I had alone. Despite the dangerous vibe I was just noticing now, despite the fact I was given two warnings now, I wanted to see him.

It wasn't just that he was handsome-although I would admit it was a big perk- but also he was who he was. Even though I had only spoken to him briefly twice now, off the bat i could tell he was different. He didn't carry himself the way other guys did, no, not in the slightest.
Not only was his figure charming, but there was a cockiness in his swagger, in his walk, that was absolutely mind numbing. He was definetely sure of himself, that much was certain, but it was also more than that. When Klaus entered the room, he commanded it's attention with his fierce eyes, his tall stance and regal air. However, he wasn't elegant. He was too rough looking and wild for that. Almost like a wolf, bloodthirsty and ravenous. No, when i said regal, i meant he resembled someone in power. Like a dictator, or a president. Or even a king.

When he looked at you, his gaze was both penetrating and challenging; almost as if he was begging you to oppose him so he could show you who was the true inferior.
Only now I was beginning to realize that that was what made him dangerous. That mad, unrestained glint in his eyes that i had only seen that one time when he had ominously warned me to stay away from him. But it was also more than that though. I wasn't sure what to name it yet, that vibe mixed in with his dangerous one, but I knew two things:
1. It wasnt good.
And the slightly less sane thought.
2. I liked it.
***********************************

Cami came over a few days after i met up with Klaus and everything went by fine. She knew nothing about my meeting with him and since she didn't ask, I didn't bother to tell her about it. I knew I did bring it up she would more than likely get upset with me and I really didn't feel like arguing with her. I was a grown woman (although technically I wouldn't be 22 till next month. Heck i was barely drinking age at that.) and I had some rights that i didn't have to relinquish for the sake of truth. After all, I wasn't really lying to her if I didn't tell her.

I felt a little bit bad about it after though, but not too much. Eventually as it got dark I headed out. I was ready for some lights and some booze to chase away those sinful eyes from my memory. Gladly i drank and danced the night away with a couple of friends from my classes, but as the night wore on, something about it seemed to change. It seemed to get...darker. Blacker.

At this point of the night I was more than heavily drunk and I hadn't even noticed that my friends were gone. They had seemingly dissipated into the crowd of thrumming bodies leaving me dancing with an unknown guy with a bad buzz-cut.

I seperated from him rather un-daintily, not that he noticed or cared anyways, while I staggered off; pushing through grinding and sweaty bodies.

I had come out to have a good time, but now i was just starting to feel annoyed. My friends had ditched me, it was sweltering in here, and the music wasn't helping my alcohol addled head. I was starting to regret i had come out at all. Watching a movie at home seemed much more preferable now.

"Hey baby." a smooth voice purred as I rubbed my bleary eyes. I had made it out of the club and had already begun to walk home when I was stopped by that voice. I know I shouldn't have now that I think back on it. It was dark already, the only source of light the big moon up in the sky, and I was already well away from any of the main streets. The only people walking around these backstreets were straglers, the homeless and the drunks (meaning me). But since I was so out of it, not only did I not realize how out of it I was, but I also didnt notice how that guy was leering at me.

He watched me as I stopped, his dark eyes roaming up and down my body as if assessing me and how I looked before he grinned. It was so eery, that lecherous grin that stood out so bright and white amid the darkness of the alleyway and his dark skin.

I took one look at him, assessed him myself, and continued to walk on. I didn't move on because I was afraid of him-I was too drunk to notice- I moved on because I wasn't interested. I thought he was wanting to make out there in the alleyway because of the way he had been looking at me, and although he was sort of cute with his dark chocolate skin, muscular body and nice face, I was far more interested in going home than having a one night stand.

"Now, that isn't very polite. I said hello." that same cat like voice purred. It didnt even register that suddenly he was in front of me. I blinked several times as I stumbled slightly back. Whoa. Wasn't he just by that wall? I must've looked confused because he smirked a little as he reached out to touch me, an amused look on his face.

"Drunk humans are so adorable." he mumbled as he cupped my face between his palms. Before my mind could register that he was touching me, his eyes connected with mine and in a sugar sweet voice he said, "Don't scream. Got that sweetheart?"

Almost against my will I found myself nodding slowly, methodically. His smirk grew. It wasn't until too late that I realized the fluttery feeling inside my chest was the feeling of fear, subdued by my drugged conciousness. It wasnt until i saw his the whites of his eyes darken black that I realized I was utterly doomed.