Chapter 15

CHRISTMAS IS TONIGHT!!! Or tomorrow morning if your like me who goes to bed because I like sleep and then opens presents in the morning lol. For those of you who are a day ahead due to whatever time zone you live in HAPPY LATE CHRISTMAS. ( I seriously don't know how times zones work >< Forgive me) :) I hope everyone has an awesome holiday and enjoys the winter cheer! Here's a short chapter as a present. Not much happens sadly, trust me I spent days  (probably not my best idea unfortunately) mulling over how I could possibly make this chapter longer and more action packed, but every story has one of those filler chapters that leads to the good stuff. This happens to be one of them :P I hope you enjoy it. AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS/CHRISTMAS once again to everyone. :D

Love and Gratitude,

J.E.Wollstonecraft

*************************************************

    I went to Cami of course. Although Klaus did linger in the back of my mind the entire time I walked to Cami's building, I was still resilient in my resolve to see her. Things had begun to piece together slowly when it came to Cami's sudden change in personality- her tense attitude with Klaus, her cautioning of him, and even Klaus's own warning that I should listen to Cami- all came together like one pig jigsaw puzzle that finally made sense. The more I walked and came closer to her apartment, the more I became convinced that Cami did know about Klaus. I was so resolved, in fact, that the moment I knocked on her door and she answered, I simply skipped all formalities and went right to the facts. "You know."

    Cami's eyes widened and she seemed taken aback, "What?"

    I stared at her from outside the doorway, not trying in the least to sugarcoat it. "You know about Klaus don't you. About him being a vampire." I saw no point in beating around the bush, especially at this point. If she knew, I wanted to know 100% that she did because then at least I would have a confidante to talk to and if she didn't I knew I was slick enough to bullshit my way out of it.

    Cami seemed shocked at first and took a step back into her apartment before she suddenly fisted her hands and whispered in a fierce voice (probably thinking I wouldn't notice), "That bastard."

    Before I had a chance to respond to that, she grabbed me by my shirt, yanked me into her apartment and closed the door. In Flash like speed she locked the door and grabbed me by my shoulders, "What did he do to you? Are you ok? Did he bite you?" She asked fervently as she inspected me with worried eyes.

    "What?" Her implications shocked me. The idea of Klaus doing those things was hard to imagine, especially after how kind he had been. "Are you kidding? He saved my life!" In an effort to defend him I had raised my voice suddenly, mildly taking Cami by surprise.

    Although it seemed like she wanted to say something, I shook her off me and said, "He saved my life Cami. I almost got drained of blood by some other vampire on the prowl when he came to my rescue. He fed me some of his blood, which believe me was god awful, but it healed me and because of him I'm alive. Cami if it wasn't for him I'd be dead." I told her. "It all makes sense now. Especially when it comes to you and all your warnings to stay away from him. I get it Cami. You were trying to protect me from him because he's a vampire, but I don't think he can be that bad if he saved me." Truth be told I didn't think he could be bad at all considering how tender he had been, but then again Cami had already hated him for some reason. I might as well not antagonize her.

    "No you don't get it Aida. Klaus is bad news. He may seem sweet and kind now, but that's because you don't know anything about him. What I was trying to avoid was you getting caught in his world like some fly in a spider's web." She grabbed me by the shoulders again and shook me slightly, as if she was trying to shake some sense into me, "His world is full of blood and death Aida. He and his family are all bad news and I was trying to keep you out of it." Her voice was grave and heavy with austerity, but I couldn't help thinking that if that was true, why she was still sticking around.