Chapter 19

Well you guys got lucky lol. I know i asked you to wait for me upload this chapter, but i seriously thought this would take me awhile to finish. Turns out with the help of some of my friends and talking to another close friend of mine i was able to figure out a way to solve my problem. And LOOK! I finished sooner than i expected :D I liked how this came out a lot especially since i was having a lot of problems before.  I hope  you guys like it and if you see any mistakes/grammar errors please kindly look over them at best. ^.^ I'll be doing editing for all my chapters after i post chapter 20.

Love and Gratitude (especially for dealing with the hiatus),

J.E.Wollstonecraft

*************************************************************

Have you ever heard a voice so cold and full of malice that the minute that you heard it you felt your insides constrict and your body temperature drop instantly? I thought I knew fear already, but I was wrong. The fear I felt when I thought I was going to die by the hands of that vampire who lured me so close to death was nothing compared to the overwhelming terror I felt when my eyes met the glacier like ones that belonged to the voice. He stood on the balcony of the opposite building from us, watching us through the open balcony doors with calculating dark eyes. Without realizing it, my hand feel from Klaus's face like a heavy stone back against my side and unconsciously I began backing away. Something else, something deeper and more primal inside myself was controlling my actions, as if something unknown in the depth of my soul was begging me to run. I didn't know where this feeling was coming from. It felt foreign and alien and just a little part of me wondered why there was such an intense feeling or terror paralyzing my mind because my body was moving on its' own at this point. It didn't even matter that I had no idea who the person looking at us from the adjacent balcony was, all that mattered was that I was terrified. When my back hit the farthest wall, I began to quiver uncontrollably, and although I could feel Klaus's eyes on me and I think I vaguely heard him ask me what was wrong, I didn't react to it. My eyes were locked on the stranger's face who had been staring at Klaus with a feral ferocity until his gaze was turned on me.

Ferocity like that I might expect from the devil stared back at me, paralyzing me as I uttered one word in complete and utter terror,

"Mikael." I wasn't sure where that name came from or how I knew it, I just did. That scared me even more.

I think I could see his eyes widen somewhat despite the distance, but just a teeny part of me denied that because he suddenly jumped and there he stood not mere feet away from me. His hostile eyes stayed trained upon me, calculating and criticizing as he observed me. At a point I think he said something, but before I had the chance to hear, Klaus ran in front of me and blocked Mikael from my view. Or rather, me from Mikael's view. Without giving it a second's thought, I clenched my hands around the fabric of Klaus's shirt and pressed my face against his back.

Why? ...Why am I so scared?

I tried to calm myself, to think of the fabric that was clenched between my trembling fingers or the scent that was purely him, but none of it helped. My heart was racing a mile a minute and I felt like at any moment it would explode from my chest like a bomb.

"Mikael, how did you find this place?" Klaus's voice was teetering on the verge of manic as I stood trembling behind him.

I couldn't see Mikael, nor did I want to, but I could hear him clearly now and it felt like it got closer with each syllable. "It's not that hard to find a bastard such as yourself." He spoke, "I merely had to follow the trail of worthlessness and disgust you left in your wake boy."

"Must've been hard." Shot back Klaus in an icy voice, "You would've attacked sooner yet you couldn't because your precious Freya sealed you out. Must've hurt to know that your beloved daughter kept you out like a rabid dog."