Chapter 14

Ok, so I have something i need to talk about since this has been killing me ever since i watched the newest episode of The Originals last Thursday. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who is behind on the season so I'm not going to give any details but let's just say that currently i am in a little ball of misery and pain and have cried deeply for Klaus. At first they were tears of joy but then in .5 seconds flat the CW managed to take my heart and crush it to dust like in Once Upon a Time where Evil Regina or Rumple would take someone's heart from their chest and then just crush it to dust. That is what the CW did to me. All i have to say that I am currently in misery and am dying to see the next episode! But i have to wait till MARCH!!! I don't wanna wait that long!! They better pull some kind of miracle! Sorry I ranted, but i needed to get that off my chest. 

Love and Gratitude, 

J.E. Wollstonecraft

P.S. I hope you like the chapter as always and please excuse any grammar errors. 

***********************************

   After Klaus entrusted me with his secret, he took me home in a small, but very stylish silver car. The drive, which was a lot different than when he had carried me, was a quiet one that had no exchange of conversation but I wasn't at all complaining. Had he carried me home with his super speed I wouldn't have been able to appreciate his company in this way that I was now. Despite the silence, it wasn't at all uncomfortable or awkward. Klaus seemed as content as I felt just sitting there with me as the light of the moon reflected into the car, illuminating his face every now and then making his strong cheekbones appear even stronger and harder than normal. I smiled every now and then when I would notice this, appreciating the moonlight and his wonderful features quietly before I would glance away back out the window. It wasn't hard to tear my gaze away from him like I had imagined it would be because I found that sitting there knowing that he was so close at hand was calming and soothing. He must've felt the same way because when I glanced his way after a few minutes or so I found that he was relaxing comfortably against the seat and driving lazily with only one hand on the wheel while his right hand rested on his lap. For the second time (the first being when I had cupped his face between my hands) he seemed utterly tranquil and relaxed. His facial features were eased out in peace and when he caught me watching him, he simply smirked softly as if he was about to laugh before he turned into the road that led me home.

   Once back home, Klaus opened my door, walked me to my front door as paused as I turned toward him. I smiled at him as he stood there, almost awkwardly it seemed.

   "Thank you for bringing me home." I told him as I pulled out my keys from my pocket. "If it wasn't for you I'd probably still be stumbling home." I was referring to my previous drunken state before my attack and sudden rescue and on sudden reflection I added, "Or dead." I half joked. The fact that I was attacked hadn't entirely been forgotten, -it had only happened what felt like moments ago- but already it was starting to feel more and more like a dream than reality.

   Klaus smiled a little, as if understanding that I was trying to lighten the mood about my near death experience, and said, "If circumstances had been different then you probably would have. It seems fortune stands with you today Adeline."

   I was about to say that fortune had nothing to do with it and everything to do with him, but then I realized something. "Wait a second...back at your house you called me Adeline and now you did the same. I never told you what my full name was. Who told you?" I asked curiously. I had a vague sense that maybe Cami had told him, and I wasn't at all upset that he did know, it wasn't like it was some sort of giant secret, but it was a curious matter.