9- you're adorable as hell but i'm glancing at your wrist

I'm burned out like a bright light--I wasn't ready for this. You're adorable as hell but I'm glancing at your wrist.

-

Ashton's eyes are clouded over and he's trying his hardest not to cry. Sure, he sympathizes deeply with all three of his boys, but Luke's story broke him in a way he wasn't prepared for.

How could his parents abuse such a sweet, precious boy? How could he do such awful things to himself?

"S-Sorry," Luke breathes out, and it causes Ashton to look up at the blonde boy in his lap.

"It's not your fault, love," he says quickly, moving to cup the frail boy's thin face.

"We don't blame you for this," Michael promises, still tracing elaborate patterns onto Luke's jean-clad thigh.

"We want to help you," Calum adds. "Is there anything we can do?"

Luke shrugs, wiping his nose on his sleeve. "L-Love m-me."

The two words snap Ashton's heart right in two. Is there anyone in the world who really knows Luke? Who really loves him?

"We will," Calum responds softly. "It'll just take some time."

"But we care about you," Michael says. "So much, baby."

Luke nods in understanding, curling himself further into Ashton's chest.

"Can we..." Ashton trails off, unsure of how Luke will respond. "Can we see them?"

The blonde inhales sharply, tensing up in Ashton's lap. He's silent, and Ashton wonders what emotions his face is betraying.

"You don't have to show us," Michael tells him. "It's your body. If you don't want us to see them, we won't pressure you."

Ashton and Calum nod in agreement, but Luke still whimpers.

-

They slept at Michael's house that night, legs thrown over hips and fists clutching t-shirts and the systematic beat of three other hearts making Ashton feel at home.

When they wake up in the morning, Michael suggests ditching school, but Ashton already feels guilty enough for ditching seventh period the previous day. He know that ditching class occasionally is a normal thing students--seniors, especially--do, but...

He knows that will never be an option for him.

"I can't," he sighs. "You guys know how important school is to me."

"Yeah, I know," Michael mumbles, only sounding slightly upset at the rejection of his idea.

"What time is it?" Calum asks, sitting up in bed and stretching.

"6:15," Ashton answers, having already climbed out of bed. "We should probably leave by 7:00, we can make it a few minutes before the bell rings." He begins to dig through Michael's drawers--though all of his clothes seem to be scattered on the floor--in an attempt to find a clean shirt.

"Are you gonna wear my shirt to school?" Michael asks, eyebrows raised as Ashton pulls a t-shirt designed with the name of a band he's never heard of over his head.

"Don't really have another choice, do I?" Ashton points out.

"Are you all gonna wear my clothes?" Michael asks, excitement lacing his voice. "Oh, my God, that's hot as f uck."

Out of the corner of Ashton's eye, he sees Calum pulling his navy blue skirt up his smooth legs and can't help but stop and stare as the material of his skirt moves to cover up his lace-covered bum.