2.4- we'll swim around in dreams

Finally finding sleep, we'll swim around in dreams. Stay afloat. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. Doesn't it show? People get old when they're alone.

-

Ashton is hunched over a textbook, eyes drooping, but he knows he can't go to sleep until he's studied just a little more. Hand clutching his pencil with a death grip, he scribbles down notes on a piece of loose leaf paper. At this point he isn't even sure what subject he's working on, just that it's well after midnight and he's tired.

"Babe?"

Ashton reluctantly lifts his eyes from the page to find a groggy looking Michael standing in front of him.

"What are you still doing up?" Michael asks, concern lacing his raspy just-woke-up voice.

"I have to ace my test tomorrow," Ashton insists, redirecting his attention to the textbook open in front of him.

"You've been studying since we got home from school," Michael frowns. "Plus, you won't do very well running on little to no sleep."

"I'll be fine," Ashton grumbles, though he knows Michael's right. He thinks back to freshman year, downing capsules of amphetamine on the nights that he couldn't get it all done and manage to sleep, too. He isn't proud of his speed usage, but he's sworn it'll never happen again.

"No, Ash," Michael says firmly. He reaches over the tired blonde and closes the textbook with a thud. "This isn't healthy," the pale boy says sympathetically. Ashton feels a lump form in his throat. "Please come to bed."

"Mike, I can't fail," Ashton sighs, his voice cracking on the last word. Looking up to meet Michael's green eyes, Ashton feels a tear slide down his cheek. Michael is quick to catch it, cupping the stressed boy's  face with his tiny hands.

"You're not gonna fail," Michael promises.

"You don't know that--"

"Shh," Michael coos, lacing his fingers with Ashton's. Ashton's hands engulf Michael's dainty fingers, but Ashton still feels small. "Let me take your mind off of it, yeah?"

Ashton's eyes widen in surprise. Does Michael mean...?

The black haired boy leans down to press his lips against Ashton's. Without breaking the kiss, Michael removes the textbook from the cushions of the couch, immediately taking its place and crawling on top of Ashton.

"Mike," Ashton gasps as Michael moves his lips to Ashton's jaw.

"Hmm?" the green eyed boy mumbles distractedly. Ashton eyelids flutter closed as Michael's hands slip under the waistband of his sweatpants. God, he wants this, but he can't help the guilt flooding through him.

"You don't have to do this for me," Ashton insists as Michael tugs Ashton's sweats down to his ankles. Ashton doesn't know if Michael is ready for any form of s exual intercourse, not after what Aaron did to him.

Michael looks up at Ashton, gratitude filling his eyes. "I know," Michael agrees. "I want to."

"You can--ugh, uh, you can st-stop anytime," Ashton manages to choke out as Michael's fingers wrap around his d ick.

"Shut up," Michael groans, jerking his hand and causing a moan to erupt from Ashton's throat. "I put my d ick in your ass, remember? I'll be fine."

-

When Calum wakes up, Luke is the only one in bed with him. Calum remembers falling asleep cuddled into Michael's side, but now the tattooed boy is nowhere to be seen. A quick glance at the clock tells Calum that it's only a little after six. Ashton would normally be up already, that's not surprising, but Michael? They can barely drag him out of bed at 6:50 when it's time to go.

Moving gently so as not to wake Luke, Calum climbs out of bed and pads down the hallway in search of his boyfriends.

A smile forms on the petite boy's face as he finds both of them on the couch, Ashton lying on Michael's chest with Michael's tattooed arms secure around him. Calum coos softly at the sight, happy that Michael finally got Ashton to sleep. Feeling much better that he now knows where all of his boys are, Calum heads to the bathroom for a shower.

Calum strips off his silk nightgown before stepping under the hot water, allowing himself to relax. The brown eyed boy is reaching for the shampoo when he hears the bathroom door open, and a few seconds later, the shower curtain is being pulled aside.

Calum turns around to find Luke standing there, pale arms crossed over his bare chest. Calum's lips part in shock because he has never seen Luke's body and goddamn is he beautiful.

"Luke..." Calum trails off as the blonde steps into the shower, joining Calum under the hot stream. The frail boy presses his body against the petite boy, burying his head in Calum's neck.

"Is everything okay, angel?" Calum asks, concern lacing his voice. Luke nods, and Calum can feel his smile against his shoulder.

"Just love you, that's all," Luke mumbles.

Calum can't help the grin that forms on his face, his arms wrapping around Luke's waist. "I love you, too."

~

A/N: sorry that this chapter is ridiculously short and so so so long overdue. schools been kicking my ass lately im only a freshman in high school so i know i shouldnt have much to complain about but i stress myself out about school so much + im taking the highest level classes im able to in every subject

also idk if any of you watch the 100 but its been two weeks since murphy has been seen and i am severely concerned is he oKAY ik some of you probably hate him but i stan him so hard

ALSO OMG GUYS so i self published my book (not a fanfic but the actual novel that i've been working on for 14+ months) on a self publishing website and im sO FRICKIN HAPPY ABOUT IT but ive only had 3 sales and theyre from my cousin, my mom and my best friend oh wEll

hows everyone doing today though??? tell me a funny story that happened this week!!

i love you friends (':