Four: In Which She's Headed Straight For Trouble

Remember to follow, vote and comment!

[ B L A I R E ' S P O V ]

That conversation with Jax was so lovely.

I hadn't expected him to comply so willingly. If anything, I thought he would have put up a good fight this morning. I had secretly been craving for it ever since last night when I hung up on Eden. This whole separation thing with my brother had taken a toll on me and I needed release all that pent up stress on someone. I had hoped Jax would be the victim today.

Guess not, then. He seemed more than eager to talk to me today, which is weird, coming from him. Granted, he seemed to be doing more teasing than actual talking, but it's different. The smirk on his face is a much better sight than the angry scowl that he wears all the time.

I grab my skateboard from the shoe rack and place it on the road, then pressed my foot on it and start pushing with the other to gain acceleration. I told Ben not to pick me up today—I'd rather have some alone time with me and Cleo, my precious skateboard. I would be lying if that was the whole truth. I didn't want him to meet Jax too.

I know Ben like the back of my hand; he may not be my boyfriend but he sure as hell gets jealous over the slightest things. He would most probably see Jax as a threat to our friendship—relationship—or whatever the hell this thing between us is.

I would tell him that there was no way Jax and I would be happening, but I'm not in the mood to talk today. The thing with Eden burnt a hole in my heart and I need to fix it. Or forget about it. Whichever one comes first—I'll be totally down for it.

It takes me roughly about eight minutes to get to Ben and Belle's house. They live in a nice four-bedroom house with their parents—something that I would never have again. It's times like this when I feel nostalgic of the life I once had with Eden and my parents. I used to think that my life was perfect and I had everything I ever wanted.

Until one day, that perfect life was stolen away from me.

I try not to think about it as I round the corner and spot their house looming in the corner. I'm fortunate enough to come around this time because I notice the empty garage, which means that their parents aren't home. Great. I had plans involving Ben that would probably have them spitting at me and kicking me out of the house.

I slam my foot down on the edge of the skateboard, causing it to flip in mid-air and like a pro, I catch it and wedge the thing between my body and my arm. The garage door is half open so I crouch down, sliding myself through. The door leading into the house is open, exactly what I told Ben to do.

I knock on the door thrice anyways, making my presence known. Then, I make my way through the kitchen and find myself in the living room where Belle is currently on the sofa 'watching' television and munching on pretzels.

"Hey, Blaire. Is that you?" Her sweet voice sounds, her head not tilted to my direction, but still glued to the television.

"No, I'm not. I'm a thief."

"Screw you," she says.

"It's the truth!" I say. Kind of. Except I'm not here to rob her house.

"I know it's you, you stupid fuck." I can totally imagine her rolling her eyes at this. "Come here."

I sneak up behind her and throw my arms around her neck. She turns her head slightly, her eyes focused on somewhere other than my face. "I want to feel your face," she murmurs.

"Okay," I nod. I walk over to the sofa and make myself very comfortable next to her.

She looks at me, slightly cross-eyed, and she lifts her hands to smoothen them on my face. The first time she did this, I had to admit that I was slightly terrified at the prospect of someone feeling my face, but as time passed and we grew closer, it has become more of a habit now.