Twenty Six: In Which He Causes All Hell To Break Loose

Remember to follow, vote and comment!

[ J A X ' S   P O V ]

The next few weeks almost feel like a dream.

I don't know what I've done to deserve all of this happiness—it certainly isn't because of the good things I've done, which by the way, have amounted to zero—but all I know is that I want to feel like this forever. Baxton was right. My past relationships have failed because I was too unhappy, too toxic. But now, with Blaire, all I feel is contentment.

She's the most amazing girlfriend ever, or at least, as amazing as she can be. She's happier she's with me and I often find myself doing and saying the silliest things just to see that smile on her face. Because she does smile, it's quite possibly the most beautiful thing in the world.

I know she doesn't do it too often when she's around other people and I'm glad that I am one of the very few that get to see that part of her—no matter how minuscule the gesture it may be.

Her laugh is also infectious. The way her eyes light up when I say something funny, and her lips pulled thin as she breaks into fits of laughter... it's almost surreal, like I've won the jackpot. Her laugh even makes me laugh. She has some kind of hold on me that I cannot even describe. All I know is that it's strong and I never ever want her to let go.

We spend majority of our time together. Even when she's doing her bodyguard training, I'm always with her. Whether it's at the gym or at the shooting range, I'm constantly by her side. Hunter's probably irritated by my presence, but he no doubt respects me for sticking by my girl. I don't think he expected Blaire and I to last as long as we have. I'm glad to have proven him wrong.

Hell, even Belle is surprised. Sometimes, Blaire invites her over to the mansion just to hang out. I can see why Blaire is so taken with her—Belle is the kind of person that radiates positive energy. She's an optimist, a great friend and just someone that you can feel totally comfortable hanging around with.

Belle and I joke around a lot, particularly teasing the living shit out of Blaire. She gets annoyed by it, though, but I think she's more relieved about the fact that her best friend and I are at least getting along.

She's not the only who's feeling that way. I've never had any real friends in my life—most of them I have acquired through intimidation and fear. The people I used to surround myself with really had no choice but to stick by me. They were loyal, of course, but they didn't understand me. Almost nobody could.

Until Blaire.

One time when the three of us were lazying around together and Blaire asked me if I wanted a sandwich, I told her yes and she scurried off. When she was out of earshot, Belle looked at me with surprise.

"Did she just offered to make you a sandwich?" She asked, baffled.

"Uh, yeah?" My eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"Wow," she breathed.

"I mean, she didn't use to. She used to force me to make one myself," I added quickly, unsure of where this conversation was heading, "but lately, she's been offering to make them for me. Why? Is it weird?"

"A little bit," Belle admitted. "I didn't realize she was quite taken with you until now."

What? "I don't understand," I said.

"Oh, you have a lot to learn, Jax." She leaned back against the sofa and smiled. "When Blaire makes you a sandwich, it means that she really loves you."