Thirteen: In Which He Likes Her Smart Mouth (But Not For The Right Reasons)

Remember to follow, vote and comment!

[ J A X ' S P O V ]

Finally, Hunter decides to show up, which means I'm practically off the hook. I exchange glances with Blaire, my gaze burning. The intensity of it is making it hard to believe that I'm just staring at her and not fucking her with my eyes. She looks away quickly, a small blush creeping on her cheeks and I grin, knowing that I did that to her.

I have some kind of effect on her that she doesn't want to admit. When I held her in my arms just now, I can feel her body tremble for me. She wants me; she just doesn't want to admit it.

Stubborn girl.

But I will. Sooner or later. She can't resist me for long. And I don't think I can do the same for her either. I hadn't been laid in a long time and cold showers can only suffice for so long.

I debate on staying in the gym, then make up my mind and decide to do my own training here. The punching bag back at the mansion isn't doing me justice so since I'm here, I might as well make good use of the gym.

I wrap my hands with my red bandage. Sienna had gotten me a shit ton of them back when we were still dating. A small smile creeps on my face at just the thought of us. I don't long for what our relationship used to be-but I do miss her.

No, I don't love her now. I used to. But even now I still crave her company more than ever.

I wonder how she's doing. The breakup with Kayden must have taken a toll on her. Having to deal with two breakups in less then a year? It must be brutal. I debate whether or not to call her, but I fight the urge instead. I don't know how our conversation will play out. When we're together, it gets really unpredictable, and I don't want to risk getting her even more upset.

When I'm done wrapping my hands, I tuck the access material underneath the folds I've made and I start with the punching bag. Several rounds of kicking, punching, and throwing later, I feel a pair of eyes fixate on me and when my head lifts, I see Blaire watching me.

She knows she's been caught staring at me so she passes it off by snorting and turning away from me. But I know she's been checking me out.

Good. You'll break soon, darling. You'll give in to me. And I can't wait for the day when you do.

I'm doing pull-ups, sit-ups, then I'm lifting weights-all in the time span of an hour. I don't think I've ever felt more productive and I think it's because of the girl standing less than twenty feet away from me. I often find my eyes wondering to her direction, watching what she's doing.

Hunter's teaching her more self-defense techniques and she looks like she's kicking ass in it. I can see the determination in her eyes to execute this. When she jabs Hunter and ends up holding him against his will, he laughs and nods, praising her.

I know that Hunter let Blaire have that one. He couldn't have not anticipated that attack. He worked with Government Security Intelligence for several years before he decided to 'retire' and become a bodyguard to my father. He's highly trained and skilled-no doubt just as good as me, perhaps even better.

When both Blaire and Hunter finally take a break, I self-declare a twenty minute rest for myself too. I'm refilling my bottle with Coke at the dispenser machine when Hunter comes up behind me.

He wears a ridiculous grin on his face when he approaches me.

"What?" I lift an eyebrow.

"You like her," he nods towards Blaire, who is on a sitting position on the mat, her knees bent and parted open, as she takes a sip from her bottle. "You haven't stopped looking at her for the past two hours."