Chapter 7: Xavier

Author's note
*there is a little violence in this chapter soooo please don't get a nightmare, just roll with it. It's part of how Xavier changes with Adelaide... you'll see in the end and in the next chapter which i will update today after this one.''

After the guard took Adelaide to the isolation room, I could not help but to be curious as to what she was doing and decided to make a trip to the control room to take a peak at the computer monitor of the camera installed inside the isolation room.

I thought that she would be thinking, crying or maybe even yelling at the top of her lungs but what i was not expecting was her smiling and singing...

I could not even think let alone talknwhen the guard greeted me and offered me an ear piece so i could move around and still listen to what she was doing, i took it out of his hand wordlessly and walked out of the room.

I had to know why she was singing, it did not make sence, i could not understand it. Without even knowing what was happening my feet carried me to the isolation room, with my beautiful princess inside.

''Turn on the lights in the isolation room.'' I told Dorain, her personal guard, stationed at the door.

''Yes' sir.'' He responsed and immediately moved at my comand.

Once i heard her scream, i knew the lights were on.

It must hurt to be surrounded by darkness and suddenly blinded by light, i thought to myself as I opened her door and stepped through.

" Why were you singing, Adelaide?" I demanded.

She looked rightfully startled at my sudden presence. She stood up using the wall behind her for support and looked me in the eye... even kept in a dirty isolation room, her beauty still took my breath away.

''W-what?" She croaked.

''You were singing just now, i want to know why.'' I said once more.

''I... I don't know...'' She lied. I could see it in her eyes.

I was trying to keep my temper in check and not lose control but i was fighting a losing battle. I was irritated by the fact that she would even think of lying to me. I hit her through the face, making her fall to the ground and look up at me in horror. I grabbed her by her hair and pulled her up and pushed her up against the wall.

''Do not dare lie to me again...'' I warned her.

She stayed quiet, tears welling up in her eyes, i meant it when i said this was going to be hell for the both of us...

''I... I-I was singing be-because the song reminded me of my family and i felt beter thinking about them... m-my father alwats samg that song to me when i was crying...'' she said looking at me with fear in her eyes.

I let go of her hair and she fell back on the floor, i was angry at the fact that she still can't seem to understand that they weren't her family anymore! She is ashes to them now.

''Why are you torturing yourself with memories of them? What don't you understand about the words: you are dead to them?!
They will mourn your death and then move on! Their lives will not come to an end just because of your death. I will say this again! You. Are. Dead. To. Them!" I told her, annoyed at her naivete.

''I may be dead to them, Xavier, because you made them believe that I am dead... But they will never be dead to me...'' She said glaring up at me, anger and tears filling her eyes.

''You will not sing about your family anymore, do you understand? If i hear you sing another song about them your punishment will be much more severe.'' I said to her.

''But... why? Why can't i sing abou-"

I yanked her up and backed her against the wall.

''You will do as i say and not question me again, love. Do you understand me? One more song about your family and i will drag you out of this room and have your guard outside duel out your punishment!" I said, pressing myself closer to her.

I expected to see fear in her eyes, to see her tearing up, to be afriad of my threat... but all i saw was her defiance and she proved it when she looked me in the eye and started singing again.

I was so shocked i could only stare and listen to her.

''As you go through life you'll see, there is so much that we don't understand, and the only thing we know, is that things don't always go the way we planned, but you'll see everyday that will never turn away, when i seems all your dreams come undone, we will stand by your sidem filled with hope and filled with pride, we are more than we are, we are one. Family, family, we are one..''

The word ''family'' was like a bucket of cold water dumped over my head, snapping me out of my shock of her constant defiance.

I could see it in her eyes that she knew what would come next: me dragging her out of the room for her punishment, because she suddenly side stepped me when i was about to grab her and walked out of the room, falling to her knees just outside the door.

I just barely heard her whisper: ''Alright, let's see what you've got.'' Before lowering her head, waiting for the pain to begin.

Her guard turned to me, awaiting their orders as what to do with her, but I could not give orders, I could barely even think let alone talk with me mind chewing on the thought that she should never be hurt... and the fact that I'm the only one hurting jer, what a hippocrite i am.

I could not do it, i fell for her because of her spirit, her light. I could not break her. I didn't want to break her...

I had to find another way, any other way...

Angels should not know suffering, i thought to myself, watching her crouching form on the floor. I knew that i could not put her through more pain than i already have...