Chapter 15-27

Chapter 15 Xavier

She looked so peaceful and innocent as I carried her to her bedroom and laid her on her bed. My mind kept replaying the sheer look of delight in her eyes when I showed her the music room, it was almost magical.

She sat with me on the piano bench and watched as I poured my heart out over the piano keys. She watched me play until exhaustion stole her away from me...

I could not believe the effect she had on me, she was vulnerable and scared... Yet at the same time strong and defiant.

She had managed to make herself too important for me, to even think of hurting. What was I saying? She was too important to me to even think of hurting right from the start, I knew that if I ever hurt her, I would never be able to live with myself.
I turned to leave, with a smile on my face and decided to crawl into the bed beside her, I did not want to be apart from her again...

As I layed down next to her, I could not sleep. My mind kept reeling... She is so beautiful when she sleeps: her blond hair messy, falling over her face, neck and over her back. The peacefull expression on her face with a small smile tilting her lips as she dreamed away.

But, no. That was not the reason I could not sleep... The thought that made sleep evade me was: I did not ever want to hurt her... but wasn't I hurting her by keeping her here with me?

Chapter 16 Adelaide

I woke up before him, staring into his face as soon as my eyes opened. I layed on the bed next to him, staring at his face, taking in his handsome face and messy black hair and that was when I realized that something between us has changed but I could not figure out what...

Fear.

My fear of him... I was no longer afraid of him, I searched myself for anything resembling fear inside of me as I watched his sleeping form but could not find anything...

Was it wise for me not to fear him? Probably not, I deduced. I thought about all the things I knew about him: he kidnapped me, left me in a pitch black room and used my love for my family against me...

But then the images of him playing the piano entered my mind, him creating the entire music room just to make me happy, him kissing me gently in the music room and him offering to help my family...

Maby, just maby, deep down... he actually is a good person. A person not beyond hope...
I leaned forward and brushed my lips gently against his, his eyes suddenly shot open and a smile tilted his lips when he saw me.

"Good morning." I said and smiled.

"Good morning to you too, beautiful." He said and leaned in for another kiss.

After he broke away from the kiss, he suddenly climbed on top of me, kissing me harder this time.

My thought were suddenly non-existent. I was lost in the feel of his mouth on mine, his hands on my hips keeping me in place while his mouth explored my body, moving from my mouth down my neck and then lower...

A knock at the door had us jumping apart just in time to see an old man and woman walking into the room.

"Happy birthday, son." The old woman said to Xavier casting an uncomfortable look at me.

"Yes, happy birthday, Xavier." The man followed, looking very uneasy to see me in Xavier's bed, not that I could blame him, I thought. I was uneasy being there myself... Oh, shit! The realization was like a cold bucket of water slung straight at me...

There is nothing more akward than being caught by the parents of the man forcing you to marry him, in his bed while making out with him!