Chapter 30: Adelaide

Again? Really? First I was kidnapped by Xavier and now Dorian?

What does the universe have against me? I was tied up to the head post of the bed, my skin raw from where I was trying to free myself.

The front door opened and I froze...

He's back. Dorian is back. What is he going to do to me? Someone help me, please, anyone. I closed my eyes when I heard his rushed footsteps come closer.

The door to my room swung open and slammed against the wall behind it, I shut my eyes even tighter and braced myself for what was to come.

"Adelaide." Someone called my name but they seemed so far away.

"Adelaide, open your eyes, my love." The voice- Xavier's voice- said.

"Xavier?" I croaked.

"Yes, yes it's me. It's me. Breath with me. In and out. That's it, just like that."

Xavier is here, he came for me. I knew he would. I threw myself in his awaiting arms and just said his name, again and again, while he stroked my hair.

Trying to calm my racing heart, I looked into his eyes and leaned forward, kissing him with all the emotions I had.

Fear.

Anger.

Love.

He kissed me back with the same intensity I had for him and if I thought my heart was racing before, now it felt like it was trying to soar out of me and into Xavier.

"I love you, I love you so much. I thought, I don't know what I thought-." Before he could finish I placed my lips back on his.

"I'm here, I'm right here with you, safe." I said and he pulled my face closer to his again.

"I love you." I said against his lips. I could feel his breath mixing with mine as I whispered those three words that meant everything to the both of us.

I. Love. You.

"I can't live without you in my life for one more day. I can't. I won't. I would have search the world from seam to seam for you, my love." He said and I could feel my tears running down my face as I nodded.

"I can't live without you either, Xavier. I thought I lost you." I said.

"I thought I lost you too." He said and took my face in his hands, his thumbs wiping away my fallen tears and just like that, I started laughing.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked Xavier.

"Now? Now, I take home my beatiful bride home, where we can enjoy our happily ever after, together." He said and picked me up bridal style, carrying me out of the house and into the bright light of day.

The end... I think. If you want more chapters or an epilogue, please comment and I will do what you want.