Chapter 8: Adelaide

I could not understand it... my mind refused to rap around the fact that he did nothing! He did not hit me nor threaten me even through i openly rebelled against what he said i had to do...

He just turned around giving me the saddest smile i have ever seen and told the guard to take me to my room, no more isolation and darkness for me.

But why? Why did he do it? Maybe he is not as evil as i thought... NO! What was i thinking? I could not sympathize with this man! He kidnapped me. Made my family believe i am dead. He was the one who faked my death, for goodness sakes.

He is an evil man... But why all of a sudden can't i get his smile out of my mind? Thinking maby he deserved a chance...

No, I'm crazy, traumatized or maby a lack of food, yes, that's why I'm thinking this madness!

I could never care about someone like him. Are you sure? A little irritating voice in my head asked.

My mental debate with myself was putnon hold when my guard- Dorian- entered my room. He walked over to where i was sitting and gently pulled me to my feat and statred pulling me out the door.

''Where arw we going?" I asked him

I did not expect him to answer, whenever i asked a question, i was either ignored, glared at or told t be quiet.

So when Dorain looked at me with a soft expression on his face before his expression instantly hardened when he answered my question, i was shocked, even more so when i heard the answer.

''To see your mother, my dear. It seems she has been brought here to pay you a little visit, to help us make you see reason, seeing as nothing else can get through that pretty little head of yours.'' He said.

Author's Note
* kliffhanger... sorrrrryyyyy :-/ excuse my spelling and/or grammar mistakes. *