Chapter 11: Adelaide

I could not believe my eyes, my mother was sitting in front of me tied up to a heavy metal chair. She seemed shocked to see me too, no doubt the news of my "death'' has reached even her.

"A-Adelaide?" She stuttered' ''your alive? But everyone thinks you are dead. How are you alive? Where are we? Who are these people? Did they hurt-".

She was silenced when Xavier hit her throught the face, then he turned to watch me, almost seeming puzzled and surprised, as if he expected me to have a very different reaction to him hitting my mother,

''I did not bring you here to catch up and have some girl on girl time. I brought you here for one reason and one reason only, your life means nothing to me.'' He growled at my mother.

''I have grown tired of waiting for you to make up your mind and make the right choice, so i decided to bring you a little motivation.'' He said turning back to me.

''What kind of motivation'' i asked cautiously.

''I will kill your mother without blinking if you do not agree to marry me and stop fighting and resisting me. If you don't... it won't be a happy ending for your loving mommy here.'' He said and took out a gun, pointing it at the woman who is my mother...

My loving mommy? Huh, i scoffed, realizing what his plan was.

''What do you know about her?" I asked him trying not to laugh at this "brillian'' plan of his.

''I know that she is your mother and that her name is Samantha Smith, the first part was enough for me to know that she has to mean something to you.'' He said so, so confident...

I give a wry laugh looking at the woman who gave birth to me, but was a stranger to me.

''Wow, you actually know more about her than me! I was not sure what her last name was. I said and laughed without humour again.

Kill her, go ahead. Do it, it won't change the fact that i will never stop fighting you. Or wait, better yet, give me the gun and I'll even do it myself. I said.

Xavier looked at me like i was crazy, his plan was nit going like he thought it would. He met my gaze and walked over to me and handed me the gun.

''Prove it, love. I'm calling your bluff. You just want me to believe you don't care about her, she is your mother after all. I know you have to care about her. Family means everything to you! Shoot her, prove to me that she means nothing...'' he told me.

''She may be the person whom gave birth to me, but she is also the same person who i have not seen since i waa four, it would be like shooting a stranger... I won't mourn her death. I have been mourning her absence my entire life! Shooting her would be like letting go of my past.'' I said shakily

Xavier was looking at me like he did not know me, i could see how hard he was trying to figure out if i am lying or not...

''I fight everyday to not let the past over take me, you know.'' I said to him without breaking eye contact with my mother.

''Sometimes i win, sometimes it does.'' I said just before i pulled the trigger.