Chapter Fourteen: Everyone Needs a Savior

Dedicated to Apples_Alex123 because you are strong, brave, and amazing. 
•Above: Sasha Pieterse as Tabitha Matthews•
Chapter Fourteen: Everyone Needs a Savior

My reaction was a bit strange.

I didn't gasp or freak out or anything. I stayed silent. But my mind was anything but silent.

I reread the receipt for the billionth time to make sure I wasn't going crazy. But let's be honest here, it's not like it's going to magically change words.

I was an idiot.

A complete and utter dumb-o stupid-o idiot-o. It was obvious. And why did I assume that they were dating. And why did Jack just dismiss our relationship just like that. And Tabitha. And Tabitha was just. So. Ugh!

I really can't think right now or else I'll explode.

I have never had this much drama in my life before. And drama is really exhausting. I am not sure how much more I can take. But I know there will be more

I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in.", I said emotionlessly.

John walked in.

I sighed in relief. I don't think I would manage if it was Hannah walking through those doors, all mad that Will acknowledges my existence.

"Hey Ken.", he said, using his nickname for me, making my heart flutter.

"Ken" was a nicer name than "Kenny" so I had no complaints.

"Hello John.", I said looking up at him, as a smile appeared on my face.

He had that affect on me. The kind that makes you smile when you see him, the kind that makes you blush uncontrollably when he compliments you, the kind that makes your heart skip a beat.

He looked handsome as always.

"What's that?", he asked pointing at my hands.

I looked down to find that I was still holding the receipt.

"Oh, nothing." I said stuffing it in my back pocket, trying to be casual. "So what's up."

"Just wondering if you wanted to watch a movie. I've had a lot on my mind today.", he said.

'Tell me about it.'

"Sure.", I replied. A movie would be a perfect way to get my mind off things. Maybe it could solve some things.

John smiled at my answer and started heading to the movie theater.

I left my room and followed John to the theater.

"What movie do you want to watch?", he asked me as we walked.

"I don't know. You pick.", I said.

"Are you sure you want me to pick? I am in a action movie mood.", he said as we got to the maroon colored movie theater door.

"Yep. I'll get the snacks.", I said without hesitation as we walked into the theater.

Even though I've been in this room plenty of times, it still amazes me how nice it is. A gigantic screen covers the entire wall and comfy couches and chairs are lined in rows.