1.the start of something new

welcome pals! there will be a longer note at the end but for now, enjoy!

It was around 6 o'clock and the sun was setting. On a whim, I decided to open my double windows wide so I could clear my mind and hopefully let all my stressors flow out with the wind. The tulle curtains flowed softly in the light breeze. Breathing in the clean air of the Jersey suburbs, I stretched out on my bed letting the breeze and the lyrics that echoed from my stereo carry me away. It had been a long week.

If there was a phrase you could pick to describe me with, it would be Permanent Wallflower. Making friends and being social has always been a hard thing for me to accomplish. Even when everyone said I'd be over it by high school, I knew I wouldn't, it was more of a mental than physical challenge and no one could see or accept it.

"Frankie! Dinner's ready!" There was a yell from downstairs.

"Coming Lynn!"

I heaved myself off my queen-sized bed and paused my iPod, walking across the worn carpet of my room. I looked back, assessing the space; not knowing at the time that everything would begin and end there.

My mixed-matched family sat around the kitchen table like we did every night.

"Bob would you please pass the salt," Helena asked.

"Halt? Nobody's moving!" Bob shot back.

I lived with my adopted mother Lynn and her older parents. Bob, a potbellied man who always looked vaguely upset and red faced; and Helena, his wife of over fifty years, she is a tiny and tan Italian woman who switches languages in tense situations. They were both pretty old and pretty odd.

Lynn Gunn is literally one of the most beautiful people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Her weird affinity for all things spooky made our little "family" complete. I never knew my biological parents, but the three people gathered around the dining room table with me were as perfect as any family could be.

"Here's the salt Helena," I slid it over to her.

She smiled a special smile that was only possible by being old and proud of young ones. I always questioned Bob and Helena being Lynn's parents. When I was old enough to understand, she told me that the two of them had helped her out a long time ago and were basically parental figures to her. No one really likes to talk about being adopted or in foster care so I never asked too many questions. I never was told the full story.

After dinner was over, I bounded up the stairs to finish up an essay.

When I stepped into my room, I heard a rustling noise as if someone was moving around inside. I held my breath and peeked around the doorframe, and there he was. I stifled a shocked scream.

There was a boy with jet-black hair crouched beside my double windows; coiled like he was anticipating something to happen. His roots were electric blue and it looked like he hadn't washed his hair in a couple days. The well-worn Vans he sported stretched taught over his feet as he sat on his haunches. From the angle I was at, I could see the part of his face left exposed from his thick black and blue fringe. As much as I hated to admit it, my unexpected visitor was quite attractive.

When I finally worked up the courage to face the intruder who happened to be intimidatingly hot, the cry of police sirens greeted my usually quiet street, zooming past the likely felon in my room. I froze, my anxiety getting the best of me.

"Are you coming in or are you just going to stand there all night?" the guy stood up and turned around, staring me square in the face, well not exactly in the face, he was about a head taller than me.

I unconsciously started to jiggle my leg and squeaked out: "Hi."

Suddenly, I was petrified to step further inside my own sanctuary.

He smoothly plopped down in my desk chair.

"You can come in sweetie. It's your room, I don't bite," he drawled, using all the time in the world.

Finding courage somewhere in the depths of my soul, I started to speak. "Hello, I'm Frank, and could you please get out of my room."

"Nice to meet you Frankie, I'm Gerard and this is how it goes," he smirked his lips turning up devilishly," I was being tailed by the cops and need a ride to my place. It's kind of a long way."

I raised an eyebrow, flabbergasted that he would even ask me a question of that sort. Clearly, he was the type of guy who thought his looks gave him a godly status. "So you think you can just climb in my room like the juvenile you are and then ask me to drive you home in my car?" I became livid.

There was a lengthy pause as he thought of a smart retort.

"Yep," he popped the 'p', "either that or you're stuck with me all night long."

Something told me he would know a lot about those kinds of things.

The sound of clinking plates and chatter from downstairs permeated the room stoic with silence as I came up with my very simple answer.

I sighed, defeated. "Where do you live?" 

i think these chapters will end up being significantly shorter the my other fics which means more updates, lucky you. vote and comment your thoughts and feelings, if its shitty i'll take it down and try something different. i just need feedback. and also if you're not familiar with my other works (frerard,kellic, and1D) you should check those suckers out. and idk i might post the second chapter later on today... 

until then, xoxo lola