14.walk away

hey everyone! its been a minute! hope you enjoy and dont forget to vote and comment!

I was at Gee's new house for the first time. My real intentions were to help Ms. Way with Mikey while she unpacked but I ended up cuddling with Gee.

Because I wasn't raised in a barn, when someone's phone goes off, I'm don't touch it. But in this situation Gerard was in the bathroom and he told me to quote "answer all texts with a sassy comeback." So I did as he requested and heaved myself off of his bed, mentally preparing to be a sassy Frankie. Until I read the message thread:

What's happening babe?

nm chillng with Frankie

that dumb guy from ur old school?

lol yea, but don't call him that

u sit on a throne of lies G, dump him already and get it over with u have been thinking about it way too long

I mentally recoiled. My nose wrinkled. The number displayed at the top of the screen was attached to no contact. Who was this mystery person?? I hastily replied, venting all my anger into a message:

I just dumped her. dont worry about it anymore

I threw the phone down and grabbed my stuff up as another text came in:

good

I quickly ran down stairs and made up a lie to Ms. Way why I was leaving so quickly.

"Why are you leaving so soon Frankie?" Gee grabbed me as I reached for the door handle, "Did something pop up?"

Donna shot me a confused look from the kitchen.

"Oh, yeah something did pop up–like a text, Gerard. Or maybe I'm leaving because I'm so boring or dumb and you are just dying from lack of excitement. You might as well break up with me, since you've been thinking about it for so long," I elaborated.

He stood there in silence, color rising to his cheeks, not knowing what to say.

"Ding, ding, ding we have a winner!" I exclaimed throwing my hands up and walking out the door.

Gerard followed me out, wanting to get a word alone with me. His hand massaged his temples as he cursed under his breath.

"I can explain everything Frankie–

"Don't call me Frankie," I snapped," besides, how can you explain! The proof is literally on your phone Gerard. I saw it with my own two eyes!"

He tried several times to answer for his actions but stopped about a word into each one.

I shook my head and stepped into my car, "Don't even try. This is the reason why I don't date, Gerard. Because the person always, always falls prey to the patron saint of douchebaggery." I revved up my engine and sped off.

The first thing I did was call Hayley, she was the expert on pretty much everything.

"Hayley," My voice cracked, God I sounded pitiful. Pull yourself together Frank, Gerard is just a boy. There are plenty of fish in the sea, there are plenty of fish in the sea... I sucked the snot back into my nostrils and took a deep breath, "I think I just broke up with Gerard–or he broke up with me? I'm not really sure."

She seemed almost unphased by this revelation, "I knew that it was coming, babe. Gee is such a player. I was at Wal-Mart the other day; he approached me and started flirting, totally uncalled for."

"Really Hay?" My bruised heart softened a little, maybe he was a bad seed from the start.

"Yes! Would I lie to you?" maybe.

"Do you still think I should go to prom? Even without a date?" I said, defeated.

"Hell yeah! We'll still go dress shopping like we planned; you're going to need something stunning as a pick me up. As for a date, you can ask Brendon, I don't think he's going with anyone."

"Okay, thank you. Love you Hayley."

"Anytime and I love you more!" I could hear her trying to cheer me up already.

I was glad there was at least one person out here who supported me.