3.what time is it? (time to leave)

It was lunchtime. I figured that he had cooled down enough from the squabble in literature for me to ask him some serious questions.

"So, why are you in public school?"

"Wha?" Gerard said through a mouthful of pizza.

"Why are you in public school? You should be at that uppity prep school a couple blocks down. I saw where you live Gerard, you're practically rolling in money."

He swallowed slowly; my eyes hungrily followed the bob of his Adam's apple. "I'm not from Jersey. I kick it in the west coast, San Francisco. My mom shipped me out here because she..." he drifted off, "Couldn't support me anymore and it was either France with some old ass eccentric cousin or New Jersey with my aunt and uncle. And so far I think Jersey was the right choice." He looked up at me from his pizza with hooded eyes. I was having a hard time deciding if he was flirting or if it was just his personality.

"Oh."

Gee smirked, I slowly found myself being seduced by that smirk.

"Being a junior means that I won't go back home until I graduate next year."

I nodded in consideration, "Last question."

A small smile played at his lips, "Quiz me."

"Am I taking you home, or vice versa?"

"I thought you'd never ask," there was a feral glint in his eye.

"This is your car?"

There parked in front of me was a bright red, brand spanking new Ferrari.

"It's not mine, my uncle's letting me borrow it," Gerard shrugged, "Hop on in."

Going against every bone in my body telling me not to, I stepped into the car. Putting the keys into the ignition, Gee hit 60 in the school zone. But I was way too excited to care. I squealed like a little kid and subconsciously grabbed his hand on the shift gear. We sped through town catching one too many glares. Guys were pointing, the girls oohing, the elderly waving their walking sticks as we flew by.

"Why are we going to your place?"

"I need to prove I have friends." He explained bluntly.

The farther north in town we got, the more extravagant the houses became. Shortly after entering the exclusive community, we were at Gerard's semi-permanent home.

"I can come in?" I asked.

He removed the keys from the ignition.

"They let me in remember?"

I grinned a little and hopped out.

Gee entered through the garage. As we walked in, a flood of sound hit my eardrums. Piano notes rapidly pounding together – a Beethoven sonata. When I got past how overwhelmingly stunning the music was, I actually saw his house. The floors were a dark (and expensive looking) colored wood and the deep green walls with mahogany paneling complimented the wide windows.

Gerard sauntered over to the room where the music flooded from. He put a finger to his lips.

I nodded and together we stepped slowly into the room. Her wide hands caught the keys quickly with immaculate precision but eventually; the most perfect thing I had ever heard came to an end. Which is saying a lot because I've seen at least half of my favorite bands in concert.

She looked surprised when she noticed us, "Gerard? Would you care to introduce your - unexpected visitor." Her voice turned melty when she saw Gee had brought me - a friend? – home.