4

Avi woke up the next morning, telling himself to instantly check his twitter and instagram. He didn't normally do that, but something was drawing him to it. Like someone was pushing him to do it.

Of course when he did get on, all he saw were the hate comments and paragraphs that littered his feed. A few people tried to defend him, but that was a very minimum number.

But only one stuck out to him. Scott. He had written a long explanation of what had happened. How people shouldn't be hating Avi because he didn't do a single thing.

'@/scotthoying: Those of you who are sending Avi hate need to stop. He didn't do a single thing. You all know how kind he is. And I'm pretty sure that non of you know the whole story, everything gets flipped around and turned into something it isn't. Before you continue to send @/avi_kaplan more hate, stop and think that he was taken advantage of."

Avi groans to himself, locking his phone. After reading the comments on that message, he threw his phone to the front of the bus. He really didn't care if it was shattered.

He heard footsteps on the floor after his phone crashed somewhere. Probably Scott.

"Avi?" He was right. Scott was standing right outside of his bunk. "Are you okay? I heard you groan and then something crashed.."

Avi pulls back the curtain, looking up at Scott. He stands up, wrapping his arms around Scott in a hug. "Thank you," he whispers into Scott's chest.

Scott returns the hug, confused. "About what?" He asks, although he had a feeling he knew what it was.

"That long message you wrote. It's not like it made anything much better, but it told me that you actually care," Avi explains, closing his eyes.

Scott's heart broke a little hearing this. Avi thought that no one cared? "Of course, Avi. I care. And the others care."

He told Avi this, but Avi wasn't believing a single word.

How could a person care for someone so broken?