Six: In Which She Has A Decent Conversation With Him

Remember to follow, vote and comment!

[ B L A I R E ' S P O V ]

I lift the hoodie off my body and throw it into the laundry bag, wanting to get rid of that damn thing as fast as possible. It not only serves as a reminder that I'm a thief, but also a reminder of my failure at being a thief.

      How could I not hear the footsteps echoing behind me, signaling the cop's presence? How could I have been so stupid not to be observant enough? I've been on the streets for three months—you would have thought that my survival instincts would kick back in.

This mansion has spoilt me already. I really need to get back in my game.

I will never forget what I had to endure to get here. I will never forget the days of being curled up like a ball on the concrete floor, shivering out in the cold. I will never forget the days of empty stomachs because I had no money to get me anything decent to eat. I will never forget the constant fear of not being able to live another day because the will to live grows weaker everyday.

I'm fortunate because I was able to persevere. The only reason why I didn't die out there was because of my brother.

I love him more than life itself. I made a promise to my parents-a promise that I will protect him and care for him forever.

And I'll make sure I keep that promise.

I take off my earpiece and chuck it into the trash can. When I had been trying to outrun the cop, my hoodie fell off at some point and the rain soaked the thing. Ben's voice telling me keep running soon was drowned out, falling on deaf's ears. I should send him a text, telling him that I made it back home safe. I would avoid his house tomorrow because I certainly do not want to hear him nagging at me for my stunt tonight that almost got me arrested.

But I hate to admit that there's something wildly thrilling about tonight. I don't know, I guess I felt really exhilarated, knowing that I had been so close to getting caught. The chase—oh, the chase was so much fun. My heart had never stammered so fast in my entire life. Adrenaline coursed through my veins and a nice hum vibrated through my core.

In that moment, I never felt more alive.

It is when I'm in the shower that I finally allow myself to relax. My shoulders slump and close my eyes, blowing out deep breaths. I shouldn't feel like this. My heart has finally gone back to it's original pace, but I ache for that feeling again tonight.

What are you thinking, Blaire? You almost got caught! If it weren't for Jax helping you just now, you would be dead. And you can't help Eden if you're dead.

Eden. I miss him so much. At least I get to see him tomorrow. I keep reminding myself that soon, I won't have to put up with visitation limits anymore. I won't have to settle for seeing my younger brother on the weekends. I won't have to constantly look at the clock, anxious about how much time I have with him left until the next time I see him. No more. I won't tolerate it anymore.

I'm going to take him. I'm going to free him. Even if it's the last thing I'll fucking do.

Nothing, not even the cops are going to stop me from getting my brother out.

Minutes past by and I stay in the shower until my fingers become pruned. I slip into a pink singlet and shorts then head to bed.

When I'm curled up in the covers, I grab my phone. Thankfully it's still in good condition-no thanks to the rain. I don't know what I'll do if it's ruined. I can't afford to get another one-not when I need every penny to get Eden away from his adoptive parents.