She's a fighter

I sobbed and sobbed into Nathan’s arms until I heard the door creak open and Tom stepped in with tear stained cheeks, “They’ve managed to get her breathing again and they’re rushing her to hospital now. Logan has gone in the ambulance with her and I’ll drive the rest of us up there. She’s going to be okay” he just managed to whisper before he started crying. I jumped up from my bed and wrapped my arms around him and rested my head in the crook of his neck and he did the same as we cried to each other. Kat was my best friend and look what I’ve caused her! she did nothing wrong to anyone, she wouldn’t even hurt a fly and this is how she’s treated and its all because of me.

“Come on, let’s go and see her” Nath came over and rubbed my back and guided both of us out to the car where everyone was waiting. We climbed in and Kev drove us the twenty minute drive to the hospital. As soon as we pulled up I jumped out of the car followed by Tom and ran through the car park into the hospital, “can I help you?” the women at the front desk asked, “I'm looking for a small red-headed girl that was rushed in here a little while ago with head injuries?” I rushed out, “second floor, intensive care unit, room 313” she said and gestured the way with her hands, “thank you!” I called as we dashed off again, this time followed by the rest of the boys.

We got to the room and I could see a group of about three doctors surrounding a bed with a mass of red hair. I opened the door and walked over to her bed, “is she going to be okay?” I asked one of the doctors who was writing on a clip board. “well she’s suffered serious head injuries but she should be perfectly fine. We have had to put her into an induced coma which will last about one week but it could last longer” he finished and gave me an apologetic look, “thank you doctor” I said and he gave me a warm smile.

By the time the doctors had finished with her she was plugged into about four different machines and her head was wrapped up in loads of bandages. “Babe I'm going to go out with the boys and leave you here with Tom and Logan. Ill see you later” Nath came over and kissed my forehead and gave me a hug before leaving with the others. “She’s going to be okay isn’t she?” I turned to Tom who was sitting next to me on the sofa, “of course she will. She has too much energy to stay asleep for and longer than she has too” he joked and I smiled, “she’s a fighter” Logan added and looked at her lifeless body on the hospital bed. “go to sleep, your tired” Tom put his arm up for me to rest against him so I snuggled into his side. “Night babe” he kissed my head and I let myself fall into a deep sleep.

“NO!” once again I woke up in my usual state, “shh I'm here” I turned around to see Logan underneath me instead of Tom “Tom’s gone to get some food with the boys don’t worry” he stroked my cheek and wrapped his arms around me protectively. “W-where’s Nathan?” I stuttered, “he’ll be here soon” and as if on cue he came rushing into the room looking panicked, “is everything okay?!” he breathed; “she has another nightmare” Logan said and moved so Nathan could sit with me. “babe maybe we should see if there’s something to help you?” he asked and I nodded, “ill go and speak to a doctor” Logan offered, “thanks mate. I really appreciate your helping her” Nath smiled and put his hand out to him, “of course.” He smiled back and shook Nath’s hand before leaving the room.

“Babe when was the last time you ate?” Nath asked, “erm... maybe 2 days ago?” I shrugged, “What?! Why haven’t you eaten?!” he half shouted, “not hungry” I shrugged again and hung my head, “you need to eat something. All this stress and no food isn’t good for you” he frowned and place his thumb and forefinger on my chin and lifted my head to look at him, “I know but food is the last thing on my mind right now. Ill eat later I promise” I reasoned with him and he knew that was all he was going to get out of my so he agreed.

“Miss Harris?” a doctor popped his head round the door, “yeah?” I stood up, “would you like to come with me? Mr Sykes can accompany you if you would like” I nodded and put my hand out for Nath to take we followed the doctor out passing Logan on the way who I gave a thankful smile and he nodded before going into Kats room.

“Now, your friend Logan here has explained everything and I’ve decided the best thing for you is to visit therapy sessions. A lot of people come in with similar issues to yours and therapy has helped them to overcome it so I think that would be the best thing for you if you would like?” the doctor asked, I looked at Nath and he gave me a reassuring nod, “okay, I’ll do it. Yes please.” He nodded before going to get some forms from a drawer. “Well then, if you could just fill these in for me that would be great. I will send you to Allison, she is wonderful and your sessions will be once per week and you will also be able to attend extra sessions if you need them. Your first session will be tomorrow as we want them to start as soon as possible.” he finished and I handed the now complete forms over to him, “thank you doctor” I smiled, “no problem, let me know If you need anything else” I nodded and me and Nath headed out and back to Kat’s room. “I hope this works” I sighed and looked up at Nath, “it will; I'm sure of it” he smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist. “I love you” I said and leaned up and kissed him softly on the lips. “I love you too. More than you’ll ever understand” he breathed.

Me and Logan stayed with Kat overnight and the boys went home as they had to go to another interview early the next morning so they didn’t stay. I couldn’t sleep though. Everything just kept playing through my mind, what if Kat doesn’t make it? What if Aaron gets one of the boys? What if he gets Nathan?! I could never live with myself if something happened to him or any of the others. So that’s when I made my decision.

ooo whats she going to do? :P okay that sounds really cheesy and lame haha! oh well, hope you're enjoying it so far!

Vote, Comment, Fan etc

Much love!

Beth:) xox