'I Do'

2 years later

“Beth the stylist is here!” Kelsey called up the stairs to me as I slipped on my underwear and my dressing gown. “Send her into my room!” I called back.

Today was my wedding day and everything was hectic! Nath left last night with Lucas to stay at Tom’s house and all the girls stayed here over night. Yesterday the girls took me to a spa and took me to get my nails done so they were beautiful for today.

Sam and Leanne, the stylists, came into my room followed by Kelsey who handed me a glass of champagne and started getting everything ready. Sam started on my make-up whilst Leanne did Kelsey and then they did our make-up. I had my hair half up and pinned back and the rest was left down curled with two little bits down and my veil will be slid in later. My make-up was a silvery colour made into a Smokey eye effect and they used a super-stay foundation and blusher so that it wouldn’t wear off halfway through the day. They also put a little eyeliner on and some mascara.

Kelsey’s hair was done all up into a low bun with a plait round her head and two little bit down and her tiara will be placed in later. Her make-up was done quite natural and she had flicked eyeliner on and the same super-stay foundation and blusher. The rest of the girls make-up will be done the same way and so will their hair.

Once all of us had our hair and make-up done it was time to get into my dress so Sam and Leanne helped me get into it and make it perfect and added my veil into my hair before the other girls walked in, in their dresses. Kelsey, Sophie, Nareesha and Jodie where my bridesmaids and Kat was my maid of honour so they had the same knee-length simpled red dresses on and Alesha-mae was my little flower girl who was wearing a white fairy type dress with a red bow and little red shoes and pigtails with little red ribbons. Everyone looked gorgeous and we all had to try our best not to cry.

My mum soon arrived with Tom who I had asked to walk me down the isle and they both started crying which set us all off and Sam and Leanne then had to fix all of our make-up before we left.

We walked out through the little tunnel that big Kev, Martin and my uncles had made so that no paparazzi could get pictures and into the awaiting vintage cars. Me and Tom got into one and everyone else got into the other. The drive to the church took about half an hour and I was shaking with nerves the whole way and Tom had to keep me calm as I gripped onto his hand.

Once we arrived we were quickly ushered into the church and lined up with Alesha-Mae at the front, then Kelsey and Nareesha, then Sophie and Jodie and then my mum and  finally me and Tom at the back. The music started and little Alesha-Mae set off spreading the rose petals and soon enough Tom was walking me down the isle to an awaiting Nathan.

As soon as I saw him waiting at the front all my nerves disappeared. I saw Jay, his best man, whisper something into his ear and grin like a child until I got to the front and Nath’s jaw dropped before his eyes started to water. Tom gave my hand to Nath and whispered, “Look after her” to him, Nath nodded and we turned to face the vicar. “You look flawless” Nath whispered to me as the Vicar started speaking and I blushed.

Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God..” The vicar started his long speech and we said our ‘I do’s’ and soon enough he said those words, “I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride” I grinned and turned to Nath as we planted our lips onto each others and got lost in the moment as people clapped and cheered around us.

Once we were done we walked out of the church hand in hand with everyone else behind us and did the photos in the church gardens. After the pictures we got back into the car that I used to get up here and headed off to the evening party where loads more people were going to be.

We had a full meal which was a roast dinner followed by Jelly and Ice-cream because we’re both such kids and then it was time for the speeches. Tom got up first,

“Now many of you don’t know me but my names Roger and I fancy Nath” he started and we all laughed, “Just kidding, my names Tom and I am Beth’s best friend. I have known her for my whole life and never have I seen her as happy as I did today when she came out of that church as Mrs Sykes. I have also known Nathan many years now and I know him like the back of my hand and I feel so sorry for you Beth.” He winked and everyone laughed, “Those of you that know me will know that this speech isn’t going to stay serious for very long and your right! Firstly I would like to point out that Nath, mate, as much as the fly impression is loved by the fans, I think it’s best you let that die otherwise Beth may actually try to squash you” That also earned laughed from everyone as a video of the fly came up on the screen behind him. The rest of Tom’s speech went on and I laughed so much my sides hurt and everyone had tears in their eyes from laughing so much. Next all the boys did a group one which Tom was in again and that was also hilarious.

Nathan’s speech was next, “Hi everyone, I'm Nathan. Obviously. Now I would like to start by thanking everyone for turning up today. Expect Jay, Tom, Max and Siva.” Everyone laughed at that as the boys all booed at him, “I also want to toast to someone who couldn’t be here today who was a very important man in Beth’s life and that is her father Mark. Just a couple of years ago he passed away but not before he had the chance to give me the ‘dad talk’ and to also give me permission to propose to his perfect daughter” I had started to tear up now so Nath passed me a napkin from tucked into one of the glasses which was really smooth and everyone laughed when he looked so proud of himself for not throwing the glass across the room. “I wasn’t expecting that to work” he laughed, “Anyway, I would just like to propose a toast to Mark, an amazing man. I hope  I make you proud” He said as we all raised our glasses. Nath carried on with the rest of his speech telling everyone about our memories which was lovely and hilarious too.

Soon enough it was on to the party and our first dance. Tom, Max, Siva and Jay all walked to the stage where there were four microphones and the tune to I’ll Be Your Strength started to play and they started to sing. We swayed to the music and Lucas came running in a little while into the song so Nath scooped him up into his arms and we all danced together and about halfway through everyone else joined in dancing with their other halves, including the boys as another live band took their places singing the rest of the song that no meant even more to me than it ever did before. It was such a perfect night and I couldn’t ask for better people to share it with.

The rest of the night flew by and soon enough we were changed and whisked off to our honeymoon, for the start of our forever.