Chapter 11

WEEK 1 - FRIDAY

When I wake up the next morning I want to go back to sleep and skip school. I turn around and close my eyes again when my thoughts go back to the events of last night. When I'm about to doze off again I hear my phone ring. Without looking at the caller ID I pick up the call.

"Hello?" I ask with a sleepy voice.

"Hello, Lilly." The voice answers. I recognise it as Liam's.

"Hi, Liam." I greet him a little more happy.

"How was your conversation with Leah last night?" He asks.

"I don't know. I honestly don't know if she forgave me or if she's still mad at me. I also don't know the real reason why she's angry." I tell him.

"Wow, that's a lot for a conversation. How about your friends?" He says.

"I haven't talked to them yet. I plan to do that today." I say.

"Okay. I'll see you tonight on our very special date. It's all planned out." He says.

"Yeah, see you tonight." I reply.

He hangs up and I decide to get out of bed. I text Joy, Sandra and Michelle to tell them I'm picking them up to walk to school together. Then I call Leah.

"Lilly." She answers, her voice dull.

"Leah, how are you?" I ask.

"Fine."

"Are you coming to school today? Do I have to pick you up?"

"Sure. If it makes you happy."

"You're not mad at me anymore?" I ask hopefully.

"No, I'm sorry about getting so mad at you. Our conversation last night made me realise I was being lunatic. Sorry." She apologises.

"It's fine. See you later." I smile.

"See ya." She replies.

I end the call and get ready. When I walk downstairs I look at my phone again and see that I have 3 texts. They are from Joy, Sandra and Michelle to tell they are fine with it. I do a little happy dance and do the rest of my morning routine. I finish my routine and then I walk out of the door and start my way to Leah's house, since she lives the closest. This gives me a good opportunity to talk with her again, or just to catch up on our lifes. Perhaps I can ask her why she was so angry with me. I arrive at her house and ring the doorbell. Her mom opens the door once again.

"Hello, Lilly." She greets me.

"Hello, is Leah ready to go?" I greet her back.

"Yup, I am! Let's go!" Leah says happily.

"Allright then. Have fun girls." Her mom says.

"We will, mom." Leah says, rolling her eyes.

Nancy closes the door behind us and then we walk to Joy's house together.

"Leah, about our talk yesterday, why were you so mad actually. I can't imagine you being mad because the guy I have a date with and his friend visit me unexpected." I say.

"No, you're right. But I don't want to talk about it right now." She says, getting a little annoyed.

"You know you can tell me everything right? Just like the night of our sleepover." I tell her.

"Yes, Lilly, I know. Please get off the subject now." She says, her voice harder like she's angry.

"Sorry. I just want to know what's wrong with my friends. I don't like to see them and especially you unhappy." I excuse myself.