Chapter - 45

Manik and Manvi reached a chocolate shop. Manvi was in Manik's arms as she was not wearing her shoes.
"Good evening Mr.Malhotra..! How may I help you?"The shopkeeper greeted Manik as he knew Manik very well.
"Good evening..! We need lots of chocolates..! Right?"Manik asked Manvi and she bobbed her head excitedly.
"Which kind of chocolates you will like to have Ms.Malhotra..!"Shopkeeper asked and Manvi told him a long long list of her favorite chocolates while Manik was just admiring his little princess. She was his life line after Nandini..! She was his whole world..! She was the reason of his smile..! She was his everything..! He can't afford to have a little scratch on her baby sensitive skin..! According to Nandini "Agr Manik kay bus main hota tou wo Manvi ko zameen par paair bhi na utaarny daita" yes he was Manik Malhotra..! Nandini and Manvi were his biggest strength as well as weakness. Manik wanted to buy each and every chocolate of the shop for his baby love but he was afraid of Nandini so they bought three full size shopping bags of chocolates and came out.
"Now mera baby happy?"Manik asked kissing her cheek.
"Vely(very) happy..!"Manvi exclaimed. "Papa I love sooo much..!"She shouted and Manik was once again overwhelmed by her confession.
"Meri jaan Papa loves you more..!"Manik said lovingly and pecked her forehead. Suddenly his phone buzzed. "Acha ap Car main betho and eat your chocolate main phone sun lo ok meri jaan?"Manik said politely and made her sit in the car. He himself started talking on the phone and walked a little away from the Car. Manvi was licking her chocolate when suddenly she saw a kid probably of hers age. He was a poor boy and he was sitting sadly on the footpath. Her tiny head summarized something and she pulled out the biggest chocolate bar from the shopping bags. Then she opened the door and look at Manik he was not attentive at her. She quietly sneaked out of the car although she was bare footed but her first priority was to share her food with poor. She walked towards the kid and stood infront of him.
"Hi..!"She waved at him. He look at him and lowered his face.
"Myny hi bola..!"She again started the conversation and sat beside him on the footpath. Luckily there was not much traffic. "Mela(mera) naam Manvi hai..! Tumhala(tumhara) naam kya hai?"She asked smilingly and the kid too smiled this time.
"Mela(mera) naam Rohit hai..!"He said happily.
"Bohat pyala(payara) naam hai..!"Manvi complimented him. "Tmhy bhook lagi hai?"Manvi asked showing him the chocolate bar,Rohit licked his lips and nodded his head. "ok..!"Manvi smiled and unwrapped the bar. Then she broke the bar into two and half of it she gave to Rohit. They both laughed and talked together in their baby language.
...
Manik after finishing the call came back to the car and seeing the car empty for once his breath stuck in his throat. Manvi was not there..! He felt dizzy then suddenly he heard her laughs and look at the direction and sighed in relief. Manvi was talking with a poor boy and they both were sharing a chocolate. Manik instantly guessed that his princess must have shared her chocolate with that boy. He smiled and walked towards the kids.
"Mano..!"Manik called her and she showed him her milky teeth.
"Papa..! Meet my fliend(friend).! Rohit..!" Manvi introduced Rohit and Manik saw Rohit's face went pale. Maybe he was afraid of Manik.
"Hello Rohit..! Papa Mama kahan hain ap kay?"Manik asked and knelt in front of him. Rohit pointed towards a small cottage. "Ok Rohit ab ap ghar jaoa..! Bohat late ho gya hai..!"Manik said patting his head and he nodded. Suddenly a man of around in his early 30's came.
"Rohit..! Kahan chaly gaye thy tum?"The Man scolded the boy and picked him up. Manik too picked up his princess. "Maaf kijye ga baray shab..! Is nay ap ko tang kiya ho ga..!"The man said in an apologetic tone.
"Aray nahi nahi..! Bohat pyra beta hai ap ka..!"Manik praised the boy. "Kya karty hain ap? I mean kaam wagaira?"Manik asked politely.
"Kaam he dhoond raha hoon sahab..!"He said in a low tone while the kids were still busy in their never ending baby talks.
"Hmmm..! Ya mera card rakhen ap..! Kal ap mery office aa jye ga..!"Manik said smilingly and gave him his official card. The man who was aware of reading English read the card and his eyes popped out. MANIK MALHOTRA..!
"Shukriya Sahab..! Bohat bohat shukriya..!"He folded his hands in front of Manik.
"Oh no no..! It's ok..! Aur ap ki biwi? Wo kaam karen ge kya? Kion kay hmry ghar main aik female servant ki zarorat hai..!"Manik said in a serious tone although there were already loads of servants in the Mansion but Manik wanted to help the poor man moreover he thought that his lady love will work less maybe.
"Ji ji sahab..! Wo kary ge kaam..! Sahab ap ko kon nahi janta..! Main kal usy bhej doon ga..!"The Man was very very much thankful to Manik. Manvi and Rohit; who were now listening to their father's talk look at each other.
"That means Rohit can come to oul(our) house?"Manvi asked to Manik blinking her eyes.
"Of course..! He can..!"Manik said nodding his head and both the children clapped their hands.
"Thank you Papa..!"Manvi said smilingly and hugged Manik.
"Ok..! Tou ap kal aa jye ga aur apni biwi ko bhi bheej dijye ga..! Bye Rohit..!"Manik said smilingly.
"Bye Rohit..!"Manvi too waved him a goodbye and Manik walked towards his Car. Both Papa and daughter were happy as they did a good work. Manik again made Manvi sit in the car and he too sat on the driving seat. Then he pulled some tissues from the tissue box and started cleaning Manvi's tiny feets.
"Mano..! Promise me kay ap aagy say mjhy bina batye kahen nahi jaoa gay..!"Manik said in a serious tone.
"Sholly Papa..! But Mama kehti hain hmy apna food pool(poor) kay sath shale(shre) kalna(karna) chye..!"Manvi told Manik.
"Yeah baby..! But Mama nay ya bhi tou bola hai na kay barefoot nahi chalty..! What if ap ko choat lag jati..!"Manik was still very serious with that he cleaned her hands too.
"Ok Papa..! I will not do that again..!"Manvi readily accepted her defeat and hugged Manik. Manik hugged her back. "Papa..! Balloons lainy hain..!"Here comes Manvi's one more wish.
"Ok Papa ki princess..!"Manik nodded his head and then started his car.