CHAPTER 56

"Papa...! Dool(door) main blown(brown) colol(color) kal(kar) loon?"Manvi asked once again showing Manik her brown color pencil..
"Hmm..!"Manik again hummed patiently without looking at her and nodded his head..! After getting approval she too nodded and dug her face again in her 'Art piece'..! Actually it was late night Nandini was sleeping while Manvi was not sleepy at all so Manik took Manvi with him and sat in his study. He was sitting on a rocking chair with laptop in his lap working on some files and Manvi was sitting on the floor over a floor cushion. She was drawing something really special so she was asking about the color combination from Manik..! Manik had noticed that she liked to involve him and Nandini in her every possible affair..! Whether it's about drawing a picture or doing her homework or even playing in the garden..! She used to keep one of them at least with her. Manik was unaware of the reason but he never ever said no to his daughter..
"Papa..!"Suddenly Manvi called him in a sad voice and he instantly look at her..
"What happened beta?"He asked worriedly as she was in tears..! He shut his laptop and got up..! He immediately picked her up and she started crying loudly..
"Kya ho gya meri jaan ko..! Shhh..! Papa is here with you baby don't cry..!"Manik was worried what happened to her suddenly.. A moment ago she was super excited about the drawing. Now what? But her cries were not coming to an end as he clinged to Manik so tightly..! The only murmur was 'Papa,Mama'..! It was becoming a routine for Manvi she used to cry without any reason. Nandini and Manik both were very worried..! It was Nandini's third month of pregnancy and she too became very sensitive. So Manik had to handle two babies now. Manvi's crying habit was really very alarming for Manik because she was not a cry baby. He thought for a detail check up for Manvi had she had any kind of fear? Was she stressed? There was surely a reason which at least MaNan were unable to figure out..! After a lot of assurance and TLC Manvi drifted to sleep and Manik sighed in relief..! He tucked Manvi in bed and kissed her forehead..! He look at smurfy who was sleeping in his basket and was about to fall from his basket in sleep..! Manik immediately held him and tucked him too..! Smurfy was another baby for him because Manvi used to keep Smurfy everywhere with her..! He still remember her stupid wish..
"Papa..! When will Smurfy get admission in school?"Manvi asked Manik innocently and the juice glass he was holding in his hand was about to slip off while Nandini look at her shocked..
"Mano..! Animals can't go to school..!"Nandini tried to argue..
"Alay(aray)..! But smurfy can hai na Papa?"Manvi said to Manik and he was worried that how to make her understand..! After a lot of crying, arguments and roothna manana Manvi agreed..!
Manik turned off the room lights and came towards his bedroom. He opened the room and saw Nandini awake..
"Hay..! Why are you up?"Manik asked as he approached her..
"Mani..! I am hungry..!"She pouted..! Mood swings were on their way..! Manik was enjoying this phase a lot but sometimes Nandini's wishes were so stupid that he had to bit his nails..! He prayed that she don't wish for a thing which was not available in their refrigerator..
"Haan so tension kya hai? Me fruits lay kar ata hoon tmhry liye..!"He said smilingly and was about to move away when she held his hand..
"Fruits ni khany..!"She said biting her lower lip and he became a little worried as he knew there was surely something cooking in her mind..
"Then?"He asked sitting beside her..
"Pehly tell me where is Manvi?"Suddenly her mood changed..
"She is sleeping...! Abhi sula kar aya hoon..!"Manik said politely he was worried too..
"Mani..! I am worried about Manvi..!"She said in a serious tone..
"Me too..! Her immediate crying thing is alarming..! I don't know why is she behaving like this..!"Manik said biting his lower lip..
"Yeah..! it's alarming for me too..! You know..! She was not at all like this..! But from last few months..! Especially after our farmhouse trip with each and every passing day her fears are increasing..! Us ka soty main dar jana..! Us ka bina baat kay ro parna..! I can't see her crying Mani..! How will I able to concentrate on our second baby...!"She was hell worried and scared..
"Hay..! Why are you worrying so much..! Main kise child specialist say appointment lay laita hoon..! let's have a detailed checkup of Manvi..! She will be ok I am sure..!"He said taking her in a hug and she hide her face in his neck..! Her support system..! This man can solve any problem with in seconds..! What would she do without him..!
"I love you Mani..!"She whispered against his neck..
"I love you too baby..!"He said lovingly and kissed her hair..
"Manvi theek ho jye ge na?"Her doubts as a mother were not letting her live in peace..
"She will be ok..! I promise..!"Manik assured her and she hugged him more tightly..
"Acha are you hungry? What you want to eat?"Manik tried to change her mood in a cheerful tone..
"Umm..! I want to eat pani puri..!"Demand was ready..! And Manik's all cheerness flew away as she wished for pani puri at 1 am of night..
"Pa-pani puri?"He stammered still unsure how will he fulfill her wish..
"Haan..! Mjy pani puri khani hai bus..!"She said stubbornly and Manik sighed..!
"Ok..! Chalo..!"Manik said smilingly and she jumped with happiness..! Manik picked up his wallet and Car keys while Nandini walked to Manvi's room to check her once..!
"Sweet dreams Mama ki jaan..! Be healthy and safe..! Mama loves you..! Papa loves you..!"Nandini pecked her forehead and whispered in her ears..! Manik too came from behind and pecked Manvi's cheeks..
"She will be ok..!"Manik again assured her and she nodded helplessly they can't do anything except hoping for the best...!
"Mom Dad ko bta do..!"Nandini said to Manik as they were walking out..! Manik nodded and knocked their door..! After an effort of two minutes Nayonika opened the door..
"Manik..! Beta what happened? Is Nandini ok?"She was worried..
"Oh yeah she is ok..! It's just usy pani puri khana hai..! So I am taking her with me..! Ap please Manvi par check rkhna..! In case she woke up or cry for us ap mjy call kar daina..! We will try to come back as early as possible..!"Manik's non stop father concern while Nayonika was smiling all the time..
"Acha bay..! Tu ja..! Humy bachy sambhalny aaty hain..!"He heard Mr.Malhotra's playful taunt and sighed..! While Nayonika laughed..
"Go and have fun don't bother about your Dad..!"Nayonika said patting his cheek and he smilingly left..
---------------------------------------------------------
"Here eat this..!"Finally like finally after a search of two hours Manik somehow managed to bring Pani Puri for his tantrums queen wifey..! A vendor was luckily going back home when Manik got him and after a double payment he brought the Pani puri plate for Nandini. Now he gave her the plate and sat on driving seat..
"Wow..! Thank you..! I love you..!"She shouted with happiness. She picked up one pani puri and was about to eat it when suddenly the citric aroma of the puri made her feel nauseous..!
"Hey..! What happened?"Manik became worried as she placed the puri back in the plate..!
"It's smelly..!"She complaint and Manik sighed..
"Baby you must be feeling like this because of your condition orelse it smells good..!"He said politely and she felt like puking..
"I don't wanna eat this now..!"She said and placed the plate on the dashboard..! While Manik patiently absorbed another tantrum and started making himself ready for another wish..!
"Ok..! Don't eat btaoa what you want now?"He said holding her hand..
"I bother you a lot na..!"She said sadly and before Manik could say anything she started crying audibly loud..
"Aray Nandu..! Hey shhh..!"Manik tried to shushed her as he had a doubt if a night duty constable saw them he will surely charge on them..
"Am sorrryyy..!"She whined like a baby crying hell loud..! Manik hide her in his arms and patted her head..
"Baby..! Bus chup..! Hey look you are not bothering me..! It's your right to show me tantrums..! I am loving this sachi..!"He shushed her with loads of difficulty...! Finally she stopped crying and Manik pecked her forehead..
"Pta ni mjy kya ho jata hai..!"She sniffed lightly..
"It's ok..! But please don't cry..!"Manik said wiping her tears and she smiled..
"Ice cream khayen?"Manik asked starting his car and she nodded resting her head on Manik's shoulder..! Then they ate ice cream..! They talked...! Everything when suddenly Manik's phone buzzed..!
"Ji Dad?"Manik asked licking his ice cream while Nandini look at him worriedly..
"Manik..! When will you both come home..! Manvi chup nahi ho rahi yaar..! Tum dono ko bula ri hai..!"Mr.Malhotra spoke and Nandini too heard it..! Manik too became worried..
"We are coming..!"Manik said hurriedly and started the engine..
------------------------------------------------