Part 6

"jason you don't have to walk me all the way home" Aria told him. 
" but i want to!" he instantly replied. 

The truth is as much as Aria wanted jason to hold her hand for a few more minutes longer, she didn't want to risk being seen by Mike, she knew he would spill the beans, Jason was as ready as could be, he wanted to spread across the rooftops that him and jason are an item but Aria wasn't so sure, she was anxious about being judged, she knew her friends would try and change her mind, she could just imagine the witty comments they would say. She had to cover up her relationship with Ezra for so long she was used to it by now. 

"maybe it's for the best" Aria sniffled. 

They were just coming back from their second date, and it was as sweet as the previous one. At first they were both nervous, the first time they shared lemon cake was great, and the second was even more amazing, but they both worried that things would be awkward or just different between them since the last time they've kissed. Jason and Aria have known each other a majority of their lives, and they did crush on each other but they never took it any further than that, and now that it was finally happening, they couldn't stop worrying about losing this special connection they share. They both been through hell when it comes to dating, making the same mistakes was not an option. 

"i get it, i really do Aria" he looked at her with a half smile on his face, which broke into a full beam of a smile, and although it was dark Aria considered him her sunshine, right this moment. 
"what is it ?" Aria eagered.
"what?" he laughed. 
"this ! that cheeky smile" Aria stood on her tippy toes and pointed. 
"well I'm just happy i get to make out with a babe like yourself" he flirtatiously put his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. 
"i had so much fun today" she whispered gazing straight into his eyes just before she kissed him softly on his lips. He kissed her back, his arm still around her waist and Aria's hand holding his arms tighter to her body.  they got interrupted by a voice coming from upcoming traffic. 

They both tried to look to see who was in the car but the headlights were shining too bright to notice who was sitting in the drivers seat. 
" are you serious guys?!!" a hint of surprise and excitement was heard from the voice. 
"spencer?" Jason and Aria gasped. 
The headlights turned off as spencer turned the car off and headed towards the couple in front of her car. 
"wow...." That's all Spencer was capable of saying in the state of shock he was in. 
"look it's not what you think" Jason said defensively. 
"NO, it is the way you think it is" Aria stepped forwards. 
"umm... Aria I was on the way to your house actually..." Spencer said in a shaky voice. 
"yeah i was going anyway"  Jason tried his best to stay out of this awkward situation, he kissed aria goodbye on a cheek, waved at Spencer and sped away. 
Spencer walked back towards her car and Aria followed, she sat on the passenger seat and said nothing, all the way down the road until they got to her house. They got out of the car, front door opened to Aria's mum greeting both the girls. 
"Aria you never called me if you were coming back for dinner" 
"she was busy" laughed Spencer, Aria elbowed her slightly which made Spencer laugh even more, and Mike shot them a death stare from across the lounge. 
"we'll just go to my room" Aria announced and Spencer followed.