Part 12

Spencer has arrived at the old fashioned diner, she turned off the engine and turned her head towards the young couple smiling at each other sheepily. Spencer half smiled at the look of them looking at each other longingly, it reminded her of just the way she used to look at Toby when they first started going out, it was obvious to bystanders that they were more than just friends, and it was even more obvious to Spencer considering how her best friend and her half brother has been acting lately, all the shy smiles and all of the efforts to hide blushes when receiving texts from one another. Although they haven't made it official yet, it was clear that their connection was undeniable. The other girls started to notice Aria acting different too, but considering she didn't want to share what has been going, they didn't want to press her to tell them, they dismissed it, they figured she'd tell them if it was anything serious, or if she wasn't ready they'll wait, although Hanna wasn't in favour of this particular option as you can imagine. 

Aria and Jason walked out of the diner as soon as they saw Spence stood outside. They picked up a bag of cookies they bought for her, they felt obligated to share one of the 7 wonders of this world with her, those cookies were heaven. 

" hellloww from the other side" Jason pressed his hands to his chest and sang jokingly at Spencer who was stood in front of her in the distance.
Aria threw her arms around her. They haven't seen each other in a couple of days but having her bestie helping her out like this made her feel really grateful. They managed to change the tyre on Jason's car and had a few laughs as they did. The atmosphere was still a bit tense. Spencer did notice all of the glances they gave each other but didn't want to embarrass them so she kept to herself, planning ahead to speak to them separately privately regarding their current situation. 

Aria decided to drive back with Spencer, she apologized to Jason but they still have a nearly 3 hour and she didn't want to leave her friend who was doing her a massive favour, Jason nodded almost instantly, he didn't want to make this situation even more awkward and he felt bad for making his baby step sister travel all the way there. It was really all his fault, he was the one who did not have a replacement tyre. He should know better he thought to himself as guilt rushed over his mind.  The group hugged each other out and headed to their designated cars and headed home. 

Aria was so much to tell but was still a bit wary whether Spencer wanted to hear all about it. 
"so where did you stay over night?" Spencer broke the silence. 
"well we stayed at this little homely motel" Aria answered not giving too much detail about how they stayed in the same room and shared the bed together. 
"ohh SOOO did you share a room" Spencer knew Aria was being quite reserved about her relationships but her curiosity got the best of her. 
"well yes... but before you get any ideas we did NOT have sex" Aria announced defensively, which only made Spencer burst out with laughter. 
"wow you sound REALLY convincing" Spence carried on laughing. 
"Stop it!! i mean we did share the bed but let's be serious for a moment, can i ask you something" Aria questioned timidly. 
"yeah sure" Spencer composed herself knowing she should probably stop teasing her by now, she was just overwhelmed with her friends happiness. 
"do you think we should make it official?" Aria's eyes wide open waiting to see what her friend will say in response. 
"I'm sorry I'm taken Aria! .... haha I'm sorry i couldn't help myself " Spencer joked, Aria patiently waited for her to elaborate. 
"it's that serious huh? " she asked the shorter girl. 
"i think so" Aria shrugged. Spencer squeezed her arm taking her eyes off the road for a second and smiled. 

Meanwhile Jason was making his way back alone. He didn't mind it, he was a hot mess of smiley's just thinking about the girl he spent his weekend with and he could only wish to spend the rest of his weekend just like this all over again, maybe apart from the tyre accident. As he slowly swerved into the road he wondered about what their relationship actually was, on the way to Keating when they were passing this exact curve, they were discussing what they should call one another, and what started off as a joke ended up as deep conversation. They agreed that they are better off keeping it under wraps for now, and when they decide to go public they can call one another whatever they please. Jason did notice this one time Aria must have slipped and said 'babe' but he dismissed it, he figured it's just a matter of speech, so why was he thinking about it now? Jason was a bit paranoid, worrying that maybe he could be in this deeper than Aria was, the only way to find out was to talk it out he persuaded himself, out of all the things he has learnt from dealing with -A, is to be honest with the people you care about before someone or something stands in the way and flip the truth to your disadvantage. 

_________________________

i'm sorry I'm not really happy with the last few chapters, it'll get better I just couldn't wait for them to return from their trip but didn't want to rush it either :/ tell me what you think, who you want to see in this fanfic, feel free to hate on it if you want :P