Chapter 8 1 Down. 1 To catch

The next day went by really slowly. Except for one thing that happened that day. Diana and I were watching the news, when the latest news came up and it said Alex was being released from jail. After we saw that, Diana went home to do some things and I went to go visit Alex.  

I went to Alex's house. He answered the door. "Hello." He said blandly. "Can we talk?" I asked him. He walked out of his out and closed the door behind him. "Sit down." He said pointing to a chair. We both sat down. I was about to talk before he started. "I'm leaving town." He said.  

"Why?" I asked. "Because I have to. I have to hide." He said. "From what?" I asked him. "I don't know, but a person is out to get me. I have to go and hide. Get as far away from here as possible." He said to me. "How do you know a person is out to get you?" I asked. "I know because someone planted that coat, and I've been getting text, that I'm going down and going to fry." He said. 

"When are you leaving?" I asked him. "Tonight." He said. "I want you to come see me, before I leave though." He said to me. "Come back here?" I asked him. He shook his head no. "No I'll be at the church. My friend out of state is going to come pick me up." He said to me.  

"Okay, I'll come." I said. "Okay. I'm going to go finish packing." He said. He got up and walked back inside. I left his house after that and went back to my house. When I got there, Diana was sitting there waiting.  

We went inside and I told her about Alex and how I was going to see him before he left. She told me she was coming with me. I agreed, and we waited. We waited for about five hours before Alex told me he was at the church. 

After I got that text message, Diana and I left my house and headed for the church. It didn't take us very long to get to the church. It's a really short drive. When we reached the church we got out of the car, and walked into the church. When we entered the church no one was there.  

"Alex?" I yelled out. I didn't receive an answer. We started looking around. "Alex? Are you here?" I yelled again. I looked at Diana. "Okay you stay here if he shows up. I'm going to go look around." I said to her. She nodded. 

I turned and started walking. I entered another room and looked around. No one was in there. I ran into a door in this room. I looked at the door. You could tell it was old. It was a big brown wooden door. Had a round, steel door knob on it. Not like today's door knobs.  

I grabbed a hold of the door knob and pulled. The door came open. I walked into the room. It was really old and dusty in here. When I walked in, the door closed behind me, and I jumped. I stopped for a split second, then kept going on. I reached the center of the room, when something fell. 

It fell right in front of my face and I screamed. It wasn't something it was someone. It was Alex. I heard something from up above, and I followed it. I had screamed really loud. I got to the steps and started running up them. I kept running.  

I reached the first floor board and kept going up. When I turned to go up again, a girl through little desk at me. I went to avoid it and ducked, making myself trip, banging my knee of the steel stair case.  

After the desk flew past me, I got back up. I ran over to the girl, but another girl came out of nowhere and attacked. I started kicking her. Diana busted through and attacked the girl attacking me. I got up. "Keep her occupied." I said. I turned around and kept going after the girl, I was going after.  

Diana's P.O.V 

The girl bit my leg and I kicked her in the stomach. She grabbed my leg and pulled me onto the ground. I looked at the girl. "Nicki." I said. She laughed. "I figured Black Coat would have fully gotten rid of you already, but I see she hasn't yet." Nicki said to me. I crawled back a little bit.  

"I'm impressed you managed to stay alive after she pushed you out of that window. I guess I'll just kill you." Nicki spit out at me. "Why are you attacking me?" I asked her. She brushed her hair back with her hands. She was stumbling a little bit, and she still have a mark from where to the rock hit her on the head.  

"Since I joined this team, I have to do what the leader wants. Well the leader wants you dead. She only wants April." Nicki said coldly. I managed to get up a little bit. "And who would your leader exactly be?" I asked. Nicki let out a loud and mean laugh. "Like I would tell you." She spit at me. 

"Why can't you? Why do you have to hide behind her? You can bring somebody down, but us. You can ring her down." I said to her. She smiled at me. "Exactly why would I do that? She's paying me. Something you couldn't do." Nicki said to me with a bad look in her eyes.  

"What are you afraid of? It must be something to join this team." I said to her. She screamed and started running towards me. I moved out of the way, and she went over the railing. Her scream went from evil and mean to scared. I looked over the railing and she hit the ground. I just stared down at the ground, and her body, laying there still, emotionless, and dead. I turned around and started running towards where April went.  

April's P.O.V. 

The girl was going really fast. She didn't want us to catch up with her. I started running faster and faster. Finally I grabbed her and threw her down on the floor. I stumbled back a little bit. It was the masked girl.  

"I'm going to give you the opportunity now, to tell me who you are." I said to her. She just laid there and didn't say anything at all. I walked towards her, and out of nowhere she hit me in the face with a board.  

I fell back on the ground and she got up to her feet. I got on my hands and knees and started to make my way back to my feet. She hit me in the back of the head with the board. I fell on my face and stomach. I couldn't move. My head was pounding, feeling like it would explode like a bomb. The rest of my body felt like it wasn't in my body at all. Then Diana turned the corner.

Ruthless, Lies, and Deadline- The Lies Series. Part 5जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें