Chapter 9 To Hear and To See.

When I turned the corner, April was laying there. I ran over and hit the girl in the mask. She quickly got back up and went to hit me with the board, but I avoided it jumping back. She kept going to hit me with the board and I kept jumping back. I had to get her somehow, with out getting hit.  

A couple more times she went to hit me, then I grabbed the board. I pushed her back, to where she let go of the board. She stumbled backwards, but didn't fall. There was table beside her that she looked at. She picked up a knife up from the table. Now we both had weapons.  

As I went to hit her with the weapon, she went to slice me with the knife. We both failed at doing so. I had to get the knife out of her hand. She raised her hand up and went stab me with the knife. I put the board up and the knife went into the board. She looked at me, then kicked me.  

I let go of the board and stumbled back. She tried getting the knife out of the board, but it was wedged to far into it. I ran over, jumped up and kicked her. She stumbled back and fell on the ground, hitting her head. I stood there for a second and waited to see if she would move.  

"April." I said. April was starting to get back up. She looked down at the girl. I walked over to the girl, and kicked her. She didn't move, but she was still breathing. I walked to her upper body and got on my knees. I grabbed the mask and pulled it off of her face. The girl in the mask was Eve.  

April and I looked at each other for a minute and decided to leave the church, but as we were walking Eve got up. "Where do you think your going?" Eve said. "Did you think you both would just walk away so easily?" She asked us. She grabbed a bottle that was on that table.  

The bottle had some liquid in it, with a piece of cloth sticking out of the top. She got into her pocket and pulled out a lighter. She lite the cloth on fire and threw it somewhere. There were eight more bottles, and she did this to all eight. April and I tried to stop her, but she went to throw the bottle at us.  

April and I were freaking out. The church was on fire. We ran down all the stairs. Fire was starting to go all over the place. We were running around. Pieces of the wood started to fall to the ground. Now we had to get out of where and avoid being crushed by the burning wood.  

Everywhere we went to step pieces of wood would fall. We could Eve still up there laughing. She had no problem at all being in this fire. We kept running around, hearing her laugh, then out of nowhere it stopped. We wondered why it stopped. A piece of wood fell in front of us, and there was Eve. She was burning like a marshmallow during the summer.  

Finally we reached the door to leave this room and get out of the church. When I grabbed the knob it burnt my skin. I hurried up let go and screamed in pain. April hurried up grabbed the knob and pulled opening the door. We ran out of the room, and out of the church. We weren't standing around, waiting for the police, and Det. Marge. We got in Aprils car and drove away from the church.