Chapter 9 - The Vampire Girl

Nearly two months into college, I was already one of the most popular guys in my level, I had a rather large girl following, a bad reputation with the teachers, went to parties and got drunk, smoked (this time however only when I got really stressed) and basically spent no time at all with my family.

Sure I felt bad. Awful even.

But at the same time...I was so used to this lifestyle now, I was 17 years young and living the life and I lived for the thrill of every moment.

It was Halloween, a particularly cold night. One of my mates Jacob had rang earlier and said that the college party actually wasn't going to suck as much as we thought, so I covered a white t-shirt with fake blood and made my way over there.

It wasn't a bad get together if I'm honest, bit tacky, but everyone was there and I was already tipsy by the time 10 pm rolled by and so I wonder back over to the drinks table to grab yet another drink.

I leant against the wall, taking everything in, the sudden thought of Mum taking the kids trick-or-treating bringing a smile to my face, but also making me feel guilty.

A bright cape swooshed in front of my vision as someone walked past me, I blinked out of my daze, as the sparkly red glitter remained in my vision. High heels clicked near me as someone stopped at the drink table.

A rather small, pretty girl dressed as a vampire, covered in black and red poured herself a cup of coke, red eyes focused on the small cup as her tiny hands gripped it tight. She was (and still is to this day whenever I get the chance to see her) stunning, I knew she was stunning even if I couldn't really see her real identity due to her costume, because I recognised her face, even under a pale white layer of face paint.

Her name began with an H I was sure. Harriet?... No. Holly?... No she didn't look like a Holly. Helen? No it couldn't be. Hattie? Oh for god's sake, I had slept with all of them, so it was none of them.

"Great Party, hey?" I yelled over the thump of the music, the bubbling alcohol in my stomach was pulling me towards huh, I knew that whatever I would say next will be an absolute bundle of crap.

She looked up at me with surprised eyes and I smiled at her politely, she blinked and I stared at her rather creepy red eyes as she tried to figure me out.

"Uhm...."

Hazel! Hazel Robinson from English Lit! That's where I knew her from.

"Very scary" I smirked at her I nodded at her red eye contacts and her eyes flashed as if to say she was suddenly feeling uncomfortable. Way to go Matt.

She had a boyfriend. Of course she did, I heard she was a great girl.

Well, from where I am speaking from now, she still does, nice guy actually. Dan Foster. However, I used to really dislike him, but she was still with him at this point.

I knew she had a boyfriend. I wasn't even trying to flirt with her, I was drunk out of my mind and I thought her ideas in English Lit were interesting.

I don't know why but after telling her how I knew her, I spilt everything that I was currently thinking. About how I wished I was with the kids, how I lived on the edge surrounded by girls, who I knew she had a boyfriend, how I wanted to change so badly. She looked at me blankly, like I was raving mad and I quickly explained to her that I was rather drunk. It must've looked so strange, it was thinking back to what I can remember, because I never used to tell that stuff to anyone.

She turned to leave, red eyes disappearing from view, black sparkling cape swooshing on her shoulders and soft hair swaying at her mid back. Back towards the dance floor, towards her petty, innocent little life with her oh so sweet, would never ever trust someone over her, boyfriend.

Well...

Just when I thought that that was it, that I had blown it, she turned round again.

"I didn't catch your name!" she yelled over the thumping music, her eyes curious, I had intrigued her without even really trying. I grinned wide, the contents of my can swooshing as I stepped forward for her to hear me better.

"Matt. Matt Lloyd"

"I'll see you around then Matt"

Then she went back, to her little group consisting of Daniel and Josh Evans, a guy I had run into at a fair few parties, his red-haired girlfriend. (Which was surprising as every time I saw him he had a new girl slung at his shoulder, sometimes Dan and a boy I believed was called Ollie would be with him, but quite rarely) What she didn't know, this would be the last time they would happily be in each other's presence for almost a year.

Our introduction was not the best. But little did either of us know that it would most definitely not be our last encounter. My journey back to being a better son and brother was just about to truly start.

-------

GUYS SORRY AGAIN, IT'S BEEN AGES.

It feels so nice to be writing about Danzel again, I've missed them!

-Lx