Chapter 11 - Not really

I slammed the door behind me and made my way into the living room as my phone buzzed.

Ollie- HAZEL JUST WENT HOME WITH DAN. I REPEAT HAZE WIV DAN RN! SHE'S ASLEEP BUT HE'S TAKING HER HOME.

I smiled to myself and typed my reply.

She's going to be so annoyed when she wakes up XD

"Matty!"

I looked down at Jaz, her little lips stretched into a grin in her little pink night dress as she gripped my black jeans.

"Hey Love" I bent down to her level, letting her wrap my arms around me "did you miss me?"

"Mhmm" she mumbled. Pressing a tiny kiss to my cheek.

"Seb and Mum in bed?"

"Yeah. I wanted you to read me a bed time story. Please?" She pouted and I nodded.

"Anything for my little princess"

After getting halfway through the short picture book of the little mermaid. I turned my head to find Jaz fast asleep.

I pressed a kiss to her forehead and pulled the blanket over her, then I turned out her lamp and left the room.

"How was the party?"

I jumped at the sound of Mum's voice and I turned to smile at her.

"Good thank you"

"Hazel got drunk off her head, just like you said she would"

"Is she still hung up on that Daniel?"

"Yup" I sat down on the sofa with her. "Even though she says she isn't she definitely is, if seen this sort of thing before. He annoys me to oblivion and back but they'll get back together"

"You sound really sure about that"

"Oh I'm certain, just let Josh and Kirsty sort themselves out and it will all fall back together, you watch. Just don't tell Hazel that"

She laughed and smiled at me.

"The party was really great apart from Harry being there" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh no, really?"

"I could've killed him Mum. Just him being there was out of order, he is oh bad terms with Billy the host anyway. He threw a load of his stuff out the window, nearly his Mum's expensive vase"

"He isn't a nice boy Matt"

"I know Mum. Thats why I knocked him unconscious at that disco, the things he said about you, what he said about 'him'"

Harry was one of the only people who knew roughly what had happened with Mum and Lucas. I got drunk one night and started crying and told him a lot, we were good friends as we saw each other a lot but...then he used it against me, in front of a lot people, I know I've broken girl's hearts in the past. But he broke the SAME girl's hearts over and over. He was a horrible piece of work and the fact that he spent a lot of his time near Dan, Josh and Kirsty was just bad. He was all smug to Kirsty and Hazel and if he said something like that ever again I would make him really regret it.

"Matt. I'm proud of you. Really proud of you" Mum changed the topic, I looked over at her.

"The way you look after Jaz and Seb is more than I could ever ask, you protected them at such a young age. Sure you had that little blip where you cut everyone out, but your dreams have subsided, you rarely smoke, and I think Hazel has really brought out the best and you"

"She's a good kid" I smiled.

"And I'm so proud of how you're back with us again, eating with us, talking with us. Not dealing with what happened on you own, your new councillor says she's even going to discharge you"

"Really?!"

"Yeah!"

"Well that's good news"

"And you now something else Matt?"

"What?"

"Under that tough layer you've formed and all the rumours and stories that are spread about you, you're not so bad really"

I smile and shrug my shoulders "I suppose so"

I hugged her tightly, she laughed into my shoulder and we spent the rest of the night on the sofa together.