Chapter 12 - The Plan With No Fail.

WE ARE NEARLY DONE WITH THIS ONE GUYS! Probably one chapter left I'm thinking then that's it.

Oh and probably a long winded note. But if you guys want any left over questions answered after hearing pretty much the whole story. Then you ask away! I'll be happy to answer, you can ask about Matt but I'll happily answer anything about the other two and their characters too.

Until next time

-Lx
---
I approached the DJ desk, the hall almost completely empty except for a few volunteers setting up.

I looked around the hall, admiring the silver and purple decorations and I smoothed out my suit.

"Matt?"

I looked up, seeing Justin Moore, a boy in the year above who was in charge of the DJ decks, but him and I had made a deal and he was happy to help out.

"Alright Justin? How you doing?"

"Just great thanks. Old Erson is paying me quite a bit for this, figured I'd take my girl out for dinner"

I smiled at him "still with Cathy are you?"

"Of course" he grinned just at the sound of her name, I smiled rather awkwardly.

"You're looking dapper tonight mate. Fount the one yet?"

"Nope" I shrugged "I'm not really looking. I'm happy where I am"

"You dated so many girls" he shook his head and I nodded gravelly. "What about that Hazel girl I keep seeing you with?"

"Oh she's like a sister to me"

"I thought she was with Josh Evan's friend?"

"Ah. Now that's why I'm here actually"

I joined him up on the decks, admiring his collection and staring at all the complicated dials.

"Now I know I can trust you with all this. You know what song you want?"

"I've got it on a USB in my pocket"

"What band did you say it was by again?"

"Snow patrol. They're alternative, but a lot of their songs have been in the charts. That girl who won X-factor in 2006 sang one of them, nobody realises who they are by"

"Oh right. Well I hope everything goes well"

***

"Hazel you made it! Dan how you doing mate?!" I shook Dan's hand, Dan smiled at me.

Whilst in London, I felt that I had really misjudged Dan, he wasn't a bad bloke really, I was just rather bias as I had seen it from Hazel's perspective. He trusted his friend and I can understand that. I had really been a git to him and he really didn't deserve it. So I apologised to him, I told how Hazel had really helped me and that I was bitter because I had seen everything as a sort of older brother to her. Miraculously he understood, and we were fine from then on out.

I directed him to the bar where Ollie and Josh were trying to convince the people behind the bar to serve everyone drinks, I don't know how they did it. But at the me of the evening we were all drinking champagne and beer and all sorts so they must've been sucessful.

Which surprises me, because Ollie was being just as persuasive as Josh that night. Maybe Emma said something.

I turned back to Hazel was frowning at me.

"This is still weirding you out isn't it?" I laughed as she nodded.

"I'd be lying if I said no"

With a few more jokes exchanged between us, Hazel made her way into the dance floor for me to follow quickly.

Not too later, Kirsty, Emma, Josh and Ollie who were all involved in my plan, pulled me over to check up on some things.

There was no way this would go wrong. Well unless Dan was a stubborn idiot.

Josh would position Dan in a place where he would be looking directly at Hazel, I would play the song. Kirsty would grab Josh, Emma grab Ollie, persuading Hazel. Then if I timed it just right, Dan would ask her to dance.

Now Hazel was a sap at 17, she still is even engaged at 21. Although to my surprise she's not rushing to get married. I think her Mum would have a fit if she did as she is so young. But the song was roughly 4 minutes long, being that close to Dan for 4 minutes would hopefully help her figure out everything she needed to. And let her accept who she felt.

And what can I say? I'm a bloody genius.

Aha...

So I started the song, and everything went to plan. Even better. They got back together and I wasn't even anticipating that. But we all toasted to them and celebrated. Dan is still thanking me to this day which is the funny thing. Even little Ryan has been known to ask me about how I got his Aunt and Uncle back together

But I'm not going to take all the credit.

I've got to give myself more slack I guess.