O2. scrapes

chapter O2:
scrapes.

the four girls were gathered around a table with their lunches in front of them. Tris was pouting with a frown taking over her face as she looked down at her food.

her mommy had packed too many veggies and not a lot of chicken nuggets.

"why pwincess sad?" tobias asked as he sat down next to her, putting his spider man lunchbox on top of the table. he began unpacking it and smiles proudly because he didn't need help from ms. p.

tris looked at him and then back at her not so likable food before shrugging sadly.

"no like veggies. I hungwy but too mwany veggies" she explained showing him her food container and he hummed, nodding his head.

"pwincess share wif me?" he asked, scooting over and sliding his french fries over. her eyes lit up and she nodded frantically.

the little boy stared fondly at the blond and grinned lovingly as she took one fry and ate it in silence, a small smile playing on her lips as she looked down at her moving little feet.

"who want pway tag in bweak?" they heard a boy's voice say as the group of three walked towards them.

"you fwiends?" tris asked tobias as she remembered her had been talking to them in the morning. tobias nodded.

"who you?" marlene asked pointing at the shorter one with a small grin hidden behind her hand.

the mocha skinned boy looked up and his cheeks became suddenly red at the sight in front of him.

"h-hi sowwy, my name uwiah" he told them taking a step closer to the table and shaking the little girl's hand, like the gentlemen he wasn't.

he just remembered his dad telling him that if he liked a girl he had to be extremely nice so she would like him back. Uriah was a charm.

"i'm marlene" she said allowing Uriah to sit down next to her. the two other boys looked at each other and shrugged before sitting down between tobias and another two girls.

"and who you?" tris asked and tobias cooed at her cuteness. her fingers were messy and she had a friendly grin in her face and she just looked so cute to him.

"definitely pwincess" he murmured under his breath.

"i Zeke, uwiah's brother and he is our fwiend will"

"hiya" the group (expect uriah and tobias) said in unison waving their hands.

"well i name is tris, and this is best fwiend cwistina and shana" she said pointing at her friends who blushed and waved shyly at the smirking boys.

"I fwiend too?" tobias asked shyly as he looked at her, fidgeting with his feet. tris nodded and leaned down kissing the tip of his nose.

"you boy best fwiend"

tobias grinned.

***

the kids shrieked with laughter as uriah chased after them. it was play time and they decided to play tag just like promised.