O9. birthday party

chapter O9
birthday party

birthdays. they were such a special date in someone's life. that was the day you got to celebrate your existence, to celebrate you had survived another year.

some people didn't like birthdays and that was okay. it didn't mean they weren't special because they were. everyone's life is important, no matter what anyone says.

on the other side there's the kind of people that love birthdays and are anxious all year around waiting for them to come. much like tris.

and today was her day.

she was finally turning four and could not be more excited. the day started perfectly, her parents waking her up singing happy birthday and holding a big present wrapped in pink paper.

she had gotten a big barbie house. one that she had been waiting to have for about a year and her face was absolutely priceless.

natalie and andrew were glad when seeing tears of joy in their daughter's eyes because she truly did deserve her present. And everything else in the world.

now the family was downstairs, caleb and tris eating pancakes while watching hannah montana ('caleb's birthday present for her').

the little girl kept fidgeting in her seat because she was so excited for school. Tobias had told her he was planning to take her out on a date and she was thrilled. their last date back in Valentine's Day had been amazing and tris had had so much fun that she just wanted to repeat it all over again.

When their parents finally called them telling them to get in the car the little girl cheered and bolted out the door making her parents laugh. 

On the ride to school tris and caleb were singing along to the music that played in the radio while Natalie and Andrew chatted in the front seat.

"look who's there sweetie" natalie said as she pointed out the window. tris looked at the direction her mommy was pointing at and her eyes lit up when she spotted Tobias standing outside of the school.

he was waiting for her and her cheeks flared when caleb wiggled his brows, "tris and Tobias sitting on a tree k-I-s-s-I-n-g" sang.

"no no no!" Tris chanted as she shook her hands in the air but caleb continued singing, clapping his palms. On the other hand their mom was saying "yes yes" again and again and Andrew just scolded his son, not enjoying the idea of his four year old kissing with another boy.

he really needed to talk to marcus about his son's intentions.

"have a nice day baby girl" Natalie said when they were outside the car and saying their goodbyes to their children. tris hugged their parents and waved bye to his brother before running towards her prince.

"happy bifday pwincess" Tobias exclaimed taking out a crown from his bag and carefully placing it on top of her head. he leaned down and pecked her little button nose while wrapping a pink balloon around her wrist. she giggled.

"pwincess crown?" she said and the boy nodded with a little grin.

"come on you two class is gonna start" their teacher called out for them. Tobias held his hand out and tris gladly took it. the couple walked inside and sat in the circle next to their group of friends.