O3. memories

chapter O3
memories

tobias watched as his new friend walked away and was greeted by her parents. she looked so happy that it made him smile without even noticing.

"why you stawing at twis?" his best friend Zeke said as he stood next to him, dragging his backpack along with him. uriah soon joined them stuffing his face with the cupcake ms. P had given out.

"yeah you wike her or something?" uriah said wiggling his brows, spitting some of the cupcake pieces he had eaten.

tobias grimaced and playfully shoved him, "i don't wike twis, twis is just fwiend" he defended.

uriah and Zeke shared a look before looking back at their older friend, "mmmhmm"

tobias rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, tapping his feet against the pavement as he waited for his dad.

soon he saw the family black range over pulling up and his dad, marcus stepped out wearing his expensive suit.

"bye guys" tobias said waving at his best friends who smiled and waved back before walking towards their mom.

Tobias happily ran to his dad's open arms and hugged him tight, "daddy!"

"hey bud, how was school?" he asked as he ruffled his hair and tobias laughed, playfully hitting his dad.

"good I met pwetty girl" he grinned. marcus let out a laugh and opened the car door, buckling his son up.

he handed him his sippy cup and tobias happily took it.

"I'm gonna drop you off at your mom's, alright?" marcus said as he got in the driver's seat. tobias nodded, chugging down the sweet juice.

"dad?"

"yes bud?" his dad asked as he glanced at trough the rear view mirror.

"how you know if pwetty girl like wittle boy?" he said, a frown taking over his facial features.

"how do you know if a girl likes you? is that what you're asking?" he said and his son nodded, grabbing his toes after putting the empty sippy cup down.

"well I don't know what to tell you buddy. if she.. smiles a lot at you and plays with you? just be nice, yeah? you'll be fine" Marcus concluded.

he didn't expect to have this conversation with his son when he was only four years old. but life is full of surprises.

"we are here"

tobias's eyes lit up as he looked at his mom's house. sadly his parents weren't together like most of his friend's but that was alright because that meant he got more presents and food.

and lots, lots of things.

marcus went around the car and unbuckled his kid's seat belt, picking him and grabbing his small suitcase.

"you're gonna be with mommy for the week while daddy goes on a business trip, okay?" marcus said as he walked towards the front door through the grass.