O8. a childish valentines day

dedicated to: TeaMcGarrett here you go <4

chapter O8
a childish Valentine's Day

it was a sunny day, the weather was perfect. the boys were sitting in the backyard at the pedrad's residence wearing their swim trunks.

they had had a small pool party and were now taking a break to finish their snacks.

mrs. and mr. pedrad were watching them from the inside, eating their own lunch.

"valentine's is coming, mommy said so. she also swaid that daddy didn't bwuy mommy what she wanted" Will commented as he chewed on his chicken nuggets.

tobias looked up. he had completely forgot about valentines since his mommy and daddy don't really celebrate it anymore.

he understood that they didn't love each other therefore there was no point in celebrating it.

but he had tris now which meant he needed to make something for his little girl.

"I gonna get mawene a little pony she wanted" uriah said grinning proudly.

the others grimaced at all the ketchup he had in his chest, hands and mouth.

"cwean up you pig" zeke said smacking his brother's head earning a warning from his dad, "i am gonna gwet a little mermaid doll shawnee wanted"

the others hummed and suddenly turned to tobias who stared with wide eyes.

"what?"

"what are you gonna give to our smurf?" zeke questioned using the nickname tris was now stuck with. you see, being the smallest one in the class isn't always a good thing.

but tobias liked her small or not. she was the girl of his dreams. and yes he's four and she's three but love never had age.

"i dunno"

"well you bwetter start planning lover boy" will patted his back and tobias pouted, nodding his head.

they finished their snacks while chatting about other things like new comic books they had gotten or the new episode of TMNT.

when marcus picked him up he noticed the change of mood in his son. he could see something bothering him but decided not to ask about it.

he wanted his son to talk about his feelings without having his dad on his back.

lucky for marcus, after a period of silence tobias voiced out his thoughts.

"dad, what do you gwet a girl for valentines?" he asked fidgeting in his seat.

marcus looked at the young boy through his rear view mirror and raised his brows, pursing his lips.

"is this about tris?" marcus questioned. he already knew the two little ones were going out and the two sides of the family found it adorable.

"yeah?" he said sadly, cocking his head to the side.

his dad hummed and made a u turn. tobias looked out the window and already knew they were heading towards his momma's house.

"well we can buy her something. there's a supermarket on the corner of your mom's neighborhood" he informed the little boy who smiled and nodded.