O4. four

not edited. sorry.

chapter four
FOUR

"one, two, twee, fouwr, fwive" the little kids counted as the teacher pointed at some oversized numbers glued to the board. tobias sighed angrily from his seat next to his new best friend.

tris of course.

she was wearing a pink dress with white flats and her blond long hair was perfectly braided and thrown to the side. she looked so lovely.

"you say something?" she asked with a sweet smile and tobias frantically shook his head no, looking down at his little fingers as his face burned with embarrassment.

"tobias pay attention young man" the teacher scolded and he looked up, nodding.

"sowwy" he mumbled and turned his attention back to he board. and that's when his anger came back because he couldn't see anything.

and while the other kids were participating and shouting out the answers, tobias was stuck there squinting his eyes as he tried his hardest to see.

"mr. eaton"

his blue eyes widened as he heard his last name being called and oh man, his teacher was gonna ask something and embarrass him in front of tris because tobias was going blind.

"mwe?" the little kid asked innocently as he pointed at himself. the teacher smiled sweetly and nodded.

"yes you honey. now, can you tell me what you see in here?" she asked and pointed at a figure. tobias looked around and then at the board.

it all looked blurry and he wanted to cry because he couldn't answer. he didn't know and he was so stupid.

the teacher soon noticed the way he was squinting his eyes and sort of leaning forward.

"a bird right baby?"

"yeah a bwird" he agreed and seemed thankful.

she smiled and then clapped her hands once, "alright, now why don't you all go and get your lunch bags and eat your snacks while I talk to your classmate"

tobias slouched because great, she was looking at him and this was definitely not his lucky day. the other children happily went to their cubbies and retrieved their lunch bags.

"I wait fwor you, otay?" tris said as she squeezed his shoulder, with her toothless grin. he nodded and gave her a grateful look before walking towards the teacher who was now beckoning him.

"yeah?"

"tobias honey, is there anything wrong with you eyes today?" she asked holding his little hand. he pouted and shrugged.

"I'm going bwind, can't see clear anymowe" he cried.

she chuckled sadly at the little kid and hugged him.

"you're not going blind love, yeah? you just need glasses. a lot of people do" she explained. tobias looked up with lost eyes and tilted his head to the side in confusion.