Cravings

Hermione has some midnight cravings and Draco wants her to come back to bed.

✿ __________ ✿

It was hitting close to 11:58 pm and a slim shadow rummaging through the pantry groaned aloud, throwing the packet of Honeydukes Dark Chocolate to the other side. Even though they had so much food, nothing was going to satisfy her craving. Pickles.

Draco had everything, from green apple lolly strips, chips of every variety, every kind of savoury, even green apples, but no pickles. Deciding to search one more time, just hoping she had overlooked them, Draco stumbled down the stairs.

With his eyes half open, his favourite green sweats half on his waist and his shoulders slump as he saw the light on in the kitchen.

"Granger?" He walked around the corner, chuckling when he saw her on the floor, continuing to throw around food and completely wrecking the pantry. "Sweetheart?" He touched her shoulder and she flinched, turning around to see him, her eyes watering and lip quivering.

"Oh Draco, I'm so frustrated." He helped her stand, petting her hair as the both of them looked at the trashed pantry.

"What's wrong?" Wiping away her tears she turned to him.

"I'm craving pickles and of course we don't have any!" With a smile he kissed her head.

"Did you check the fridge? I could have sworn we had some?" With a shake of her head she waddled over to the fridge, opening it and still seeing nothing. "Hmm," Draco got on his knees, moving the jars in front of the pickles away and reaching in the back and pulling out the jar, a squeal leaving her lips.

"Thank you so so much, honey." She hugged him, their baby boy doing flips inside her belly as Draco bent down to deliver a few pecks to her stomach to calm him down.

"Now eat and come back to bed, I'm feeling a lil' bit lonely."

edited 23.10.22