How Dare You

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Mentions of cheating, swearing, alcohol & alcohol abuse, and suicide

*DARK FIC*

Written by @waffaluserr

They've pm'd me personally bc of their own reasons and I was happy to post this here. It's okay to skip ❤️

Draco frowned as he stared down at the newspaper in his shaking hands

Draco frowned as he stared down at the newspaper in his shaking hands. Hermione Granger's smiling face stared back at him, blinking innocently despite the title of the article. GOLDEN TRIO: DISBANDED BY CHEATING GRANGER? As he continued to read, Draco's frown deepened. Ron Weasley, heartbroken by his fiancé's affair, decides to bravely keep his duties as an Auror while Hermione Granger is MIA. "I had no idea," Weasley confides, "that she would ever do this to me. I am horrified. The engagement is off."

Draco Malfoy grunted and threw the paper on the table. Bloody liars. Taking a trembling breath, he closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair, listening to the fire and trying to forget about his past. Without drinking himself stupid this time. However, the whiskey in his kitchen liked to whisper sweet nothings in his ear. Often.

"Granger," he scoffed into the quiet. His eyebrows furrowed. "What a nuisance."

"Sorry, Malfoy." Her voice was a whisper from the doorway. She'd been standing there as he read the Daily Prophet. "I didn't know who else to come to."

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe your parents? The rest of the Weasley's?" Draco huffed a breath out in frustration. "Even Potter would do."

"Ron has... a way with words," Granger said vaguely. "You're the only one he doesn't talk to."

"Obviously," Draco scowled. "You know, for the brightest witch of our age, you're quite dumb. Why don't you use magic to convince them you're right?"

"Because, Malfoy, that would be wrong," she elaborated. "I want them to believe me, not a charm."

"Bullshit, Granger," Draco snarled. He stood and turned towards her, glaring through pained eyes. "Why are you here? You're just going to cause more trouble for yourself."