I Love You Always

You guys :]

I am back and with out further ado enjoy the read.

It was supposed to be a run and grab, but he was supposed to protect her yet here she is laying in his arms, covered in splatters of her own blood

It was supposed to be an easy snatch and grab, supposedly something that could help defeat the Voldemort. There had been many group meetings and countless arguments on how to actually pull it off until Kingsley finally solidified a plan with the lowest amount of risk. Of course, they were prepared for there being some of his followers there watching it, but Voldemort was no fool. But they didn't realize how many there were until it was too late to retreat, surrounded by Dark Eaters and the only exit out was blocked. Hermione and Draco managed to get separated from the rest somehow, and now they were alone, it was two against four, it wasn't fair.

He wanted to reassure her that everything would be fine, he knew she would be fine, she is after all, Hermione Granger, but he didn't say anything and dare to turn his head from the four masked men pointing their wands at them, like they're holding a gun and ready to shoot.

"I'm here." He tried to reassure himself and her, carelessly, he reached back to find her hand, squeezing it and to find comfort.

"Ready?" He asked her. He was many things, but a coward wasn't one of them. If he was going down, he would take as many with him before he falls and keep his mate safe. 

"As I'll ever be." The words she spoke was a signal to both of them, and then, he fired the spell he could think of, throwing himself to the first one he saw from the corner of his eye.

It has started.

The battle was on.

It was going fine, he managed to kill every one of them on his own and from the sound of her voice shouting her own spells, it looks like she was too.

Then he did one stupid mistake, he took out the tall, burly one that pointed their wand towards Hermione as she fought with his Aunt, Bellatrix.

When his opponent went down, helping Hermione as she shot spell after spell at his crazy aunt, he allowed himself to relax for just a second.