A Daddy's Love

"Daddy?"

"I love you."

Three scenarios of a love from a child and their parents, includes, hermione, draco and scorpius

✿ __________ ✿

"Daddy, what are you doing?" The small curly haired child asked from the door to her daddy in the garden.

"Nothing hunny bun." He said as he sets the flower pots on the grass in different positions.

"Are you going to read to me tonight?" She asked as he moved from the pots to the weeds.

"Where's your mummy, sweetheart?" he questions, still ripping the weeds from the ground.

"She's still shopping. When are you coming in, daddy?" 

"Just a minute, hunny bun."

He finished ripping the weeds and looked back to the pots on the ground, wiping the dirt from his palm to his khaki pants. He walked to the door and grabbed her hand to walk her to her room.

She went into her bed first then he scooted over, she grabs 'Alice in Wonderland' from her side table and gave it to him.

"Now what chapter were we up to, dear?"

"Here, daddy." She pointed to the sentence on the book.

"So-"

"Daddy why do you give me different names?" The 4 year old asks, interrupting his story telling.

"Well, because I love you, Hermione."

"Do you love mummy too?"

"Of course, I love you both. Now are we go to read now?"

"Yes, daddy."

✿ __________ ✿

"Where is he?" He panicked while asking his wife.

"Where he always is, dear." She replied as she drank from her tea in one of her favourite chairs.

He walked to the room with a large painted tree with faces and names underneath.

Looking for the boy he saw him with his green blanket over his shoulders, staring at their family tree.

"Draco."

He turned around to face Lucius and smiled. "Daddy."

Lucius sat on the ground next to Draco and stared at the tapestry of their ancestors. Draco stood on his knees and went onto his daddy's lap. He asked; "Daddy can you tell me about it again?"

"Again? Alright. My great great aunt Seraphina Malfoy founded for the train." He said pointing to the woman on the wall. [for the sake of the story, a Malfoy founded the train]

"The Hogwarts train?"

"Yes."

His explanations about everyone's faces on the wall made Draco yawned and looked up at his daddy.

"Are you tired now?" He asked.

Draco nodded.

"Let's get you to bed, before your mother scolds me for putting you to bed late."

"Daddy, I love you."

"I love you too, Draco."

Both not knowing he'll only say this word once.

✿ __________ ✿

"Daddy!" A small dark blonde haired child, wrapped in green, cried out to his father.

"Hey buddy."

"Did you catch it? Did you catch the snitch?" he asked eagerly.

"I sure did."

"Can I ride on your broom with you? Please daddy." The boy used his honey eyes to beg and pout.

"Scorpius, you'll have to wait until you're old enough to go to Hogwarts and then you can ride the broom." A female voice chided in the small child but smiled nonetheless.

"But, mummy I-"

"Scorpius Malfoy." Hermione scolded.

"Yes mummy."

"Granger, lighten' up on him." Draco chuckled.

"Alright, I'll get some food. Draco look after him."

"Granger, he's my son. Of course I'll look after him." He said as he hold Scorpious' hand tighter in his.

"I'm just saying." She said as she retreated back to the steps.

"Alright, alright. We're hungry here." He said trying to shoo her away.

As Hermione went up the steps to grab some food, Scorpius Malfoy at the age of 6 has already shown the signs of magic. He tried reaching for his daddy's broom on his hands and the broom went to his small chubby hand.

"Look, daddy. Your broom likes me more than he likes you." He giggled.

"Yes, I can see that."

"Daddy. Will you still love me?"

"Scorpius, I'll love you no matter when."

"Even when Cassie is born?" Scorpius bites his lower lips nervously.

"I'll love the both of you." Draco ruffles his son's hair.

"Daddy."

"Hmm." Draco patted his son's shoulder as they both looked out to the field.

"I love you."

"I love you too buddy. And I always will."

edited 23.10.22