Chapter three: The half breed

I found I couldn't move my scythe. I look up and saw a girl with long blonde hair and big blue eyes staring at me with despair. She grabs my scythe and throws it down the alley. Leo loosens his grip on Luke and soon he ran away with no words to say.
I stare at the girls face. She had an angelic aura around her but angels know better than anyone that you shouldn't interrupt a reaper and their duty. So why was she? I sensed something else in her aura, she wasn't a full angel but she wasn't human either.
"Who are you?" I exclaim, looking deeply into her sapphire eyes.
But she doesn't say anything, instead she disappears into thin air.
"Leo what did you sense about her?" I ask, still staring at the spot the girl was standing just moments ago.

"She's a half breed, half angel but the other half I couldn't tell what it is" he exclaims, looking as confused as I was.
Half breed...I haven't seen one of them in a while. I thought they were banned. A relationship between two different beings were never allowed. It's always because the offspring turn out to be stronger than anyone actually thought. A half breed is able to obtain two different abilities.
Years ago, the gods had them killed. I remember my father calling it the blood war of the century. All the half breeds were killed, as was a new law created stating that permission from the council must be seeked before entering an intimate relationship with another species. And even the council hasn't accepted a case for years.

"Why am I always stopped on my soul duties with him?" I moan. What's so special about this boy? What is he? Why are the fates suddenly deciding that his life string can't be cut? I need to have a word with the fates soon..

"Raven I think that girl is from the prophecy" Leo says, staring endlessly into my eyes.

"How so?" I ask confused. She can't be the one. She can't be Charmeine.. It's impossible, Charmeine isn't a half breed.

"Didn't you see her eyes flash red, I think she's the one" he says, looking deadly serious at me.

"Bloody hell!" I exclaim. Charmeine is returning! But so soon? Does that mean....there's going to be a war. When I don't know?! But maybe this is why the fates are holding onto that boys thread. Maybe he is a part of this somehow.

"You spend too much time in London" Leo sighs at my response.
The prophecy was stated that in a thousand years time, a girl with unimaginable powers will be born on this earth only to be sent to a different time, being more powerful than she was before.
It is stated that this girl will team up with death itself to save the supernatural world. Are we really going to die? The only way for the supernatural world to fall is if humans created a deadly weapon, not that it would harm me I'm death itself but if this girl is going to the lengths to team up with the underworld, this must mean tragedy will fall.
"Leo we are going to see my father" I say, fetching my scythe from the ground. That girl will be a mystery to me..

"Alright, I love stopping by to say hello to Grim" Leo says, laughing at how he referred to my father.

"You treat him like he's your friend" I sigh, my father does have a soft spot for Leo.

"Well he is in an awkward brotherly way" Leo says, grinning at me.
We return to the underworld and my father was confused about why I couldn't obtain the boys soul. Again.

"I don't understand, you had Satans son with you this time" my father exclaims gesturing to Leo.

"Grim it's complicated but we came across the girl from the prophecy" Leo says.

"You don't mean, so it exsists?" He says sounding shocked.
We both nod.

"She came out of nowhere and threw my scythe aside. There's something about this boy that stops him from dying" I say through gritted teeth.