Chapter ten: Tales of war

"Raven stop!" I hear Leo say.

"Leo?" I say, turning to face him. He stopped me from taking Luke's soul. I can't take his soul what was I thinking!

"Who's this twit?" Jack says making eye contact with Leo's yellow orbs.

"I am the prince of hell if you must know!" Leo screeches, glaring at the shapeshifter.

"Leo why the hell did you stop me!" I bellow, realising my whole mission all this time was to collect his soul. Now that I know he is an immortal, it will be a lot easier. But then again, something inside me has changed. I don't want to take Luke's soul anymore. I don't want to cause him any pain. What's happened to me?

"Well you know Cora, goddess of the coastal region" he begins. I nod, thinking about the new goddess. If he stopped me because of one of her little visions, then it might be serious.

"Yeah, what has a mermaid got to do with this?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Well she got a vision. Long story short, you're gonna declare war!" He states. My face drops at his words.

"I'm going to what?" I ask, finding his statement unbelievable.

"Shes going to do what?" Jack says, joining in. For me to declare war is a very strange thing. I've never even heard a Demi God declare war.

"Ok Leo, thanks for stopping me and all but couldn't you come up with a better excuse than that?" I ask, hoping this was all a joke. A war is not what the world needs right now.

"Raven it's not an excuse, you're going to declare war! You think I'd joke about that?" Leo's face turns from the playful Leo I've always known to the serious Leornardo.
You know it's serious when Leonardo comes out. And I'd know...

"Jack, come with me" I say, walking away from Luke.

"But what about the pest lass, I thought you needed his soul" I spin around to face him dead in the eye.

"You listen to me Jackie boy, if a single hair on his head is harmed. It's your soul I will be collecting, understood?" I say with a stone cold expression.

"Yes ma'am" he says, saluting to me with a scared look on his face.

"Now if I'm going to declare war, I need your help" I say in all seriousness.

"And what will that be?" Jack asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Go to the coastal region and tell their army that war is approaching and I want them ready for battle!" I say, not making room for any argument.

Jack firmly understands my orders and makes his way to the coastal region. It's been 3 years since Cora was declared goddess of the ocean, and I've been receiving letters of new possible threats from her constantly however war was one I did not expect.

Cora has always been a sweet girl but I do feel sorry for her. She was dumped into being a goddess at only 16 whereas I have been raised into it. She didn't have a clue on how to rule over a region whereas I am not even a full God. However I can declare wars which is why I need to find out why on earth I would do such a thing.

I grab my scythe and transport myself home. I storm past my father which made him sadly follow me. Can't have any peace and quiet can I?

"Raven you're back!" My father beams. I stare into his eyes. Something doesn't feel quite right here.

"Yes, I am back" I say, still staring intently into his dark garnet orbs.

"I knew it, I knew if I scared the girl you would be back to normal" He says, revealing the little inkling I had. Here's the thing I was missing.