Chapter fourteen: Once a reaper always a reaper

"Well? Will I be getting that explanation anytime soon?" Blake says, sneering down at me.

"Two years" I say under my breath. Blake looks down at me confused. Anger was now coursing through my vains. He hasn't shown up for two years and suddenly he comes back thinking he can boss me around?!

"Two years I've been waiting Blake!" I scream at him, causing him to take a step back.

"It's only two years, not really that long. Why are you so agitated Raven?" He says, crossing his arms over his chest.

"We live forever Blake! And every year drags on and on. Do you know how many days I spent staring out my bedroom window, waiting for you to come home? But you never showed up again. All because of your selfish needs Blake. You put yourself before anyone! Even me.." I say staring at him. The fire in his cerise eyes seem to calm down as he stares at me. He looks confused and afraid. What is he hiding?

"Don't tell me I'm the one who's selfish, you know why I left Raven!" He says, the fire returning to his eyes.

"You left because you didn't want full responsibility over the throne! If that's not selfish then clearly I have the definition wrong!" I begin to glare at him as I summon my scythe at my side. I grab onto it with one hand and begin to point it at my infamous brother.

"Leave this place before I force you to!" I say, daring him to fight me.

"You can't scare me with your little scythe Raven, I have one too" he says, swinging his scythe to his side.

"Yeah, the only difference is I haven't been fooling around on earth. I have been training to use my scythe and I think I can wield it better than you!" I say as he looks into my eyes. Finally he realises I'm not messing around but the shocked look on his face disappears and a smug smile takes its place.

"Are you sure you didn't fool around on earth little sister? Because I could've sworn you fell in love with a certain immortal" he says, smirking.

He knows...just how long has he been watching me?

"I haven't developed feelings for anyone and I never will!" I say defensively.

"Oh so you weren't a little hurt by this immortal when he called you a monster?"

This time he was daring me to answer. He knows so much. That's my brother for you I suppose. Born to torment me.

"I was barely fazed by that idiots comment" I say as confidently as possible to hide my lie. I knew it wouldn't work but I won't admit any defeat against Luke ever again. My feelings for him are no more.

"Oh so he's an idiot now? That seems quite a strong name for a guy you barely know and like. After all, how could you get to know him so well if you were only tasked to collect his soul. I think someone has been straying from their duty as a reaper" Blake says, mocking me.

He's too wise, he knows all the tricks in the book.

"Don't talk to me about straying away from my duty, I'm the one that took over your tasks instead of running away from the responsibility. I'm the one that has kept order in the underworld whereas you have been gallivanting on earth. It's one thing to mock me and my feelings but when you mock my duty, that is completely out of line. Especially considering your position" I say, slamming my scythe to the floor. I stare into his fire filled eyes with anger.

I'm not going to be mocked about my duty.

"I didn't come here to discuss my absence sister, I came to ask why you are declaring war?"

Blake's eyes became calmer and his tone changes from one of anger to one of serious business in a matter of seconds. He really does want to know why I'm declaring war. Clearly I haven't been stalked as much as I thought.

"Why are you interested Blake? You haven't cared for my affairs for two years, what's so different now?"

I want to know the reason. Why would he care now of all times. Does he just want to betray me like Luke?

"You've been hurt Raven, and I know that. I just want to know if my little sister is choosing the right reason to start a war. You know how much chaos this will cause..I just want to know that all the damage will be created for a good reason."

His tone is no longer serious, it has changed to one of love and passion.

He does care for me, he really does.

Reluctantly, I sigh as I give him my reason.
"King Adam Bloodbrook is creating chaos among the supernatural world. Recently, many vampires have been killed for no reason. I used to point all this towards his brother Callum, however since Callum was placed under house arrest he couldn't possibly commit such a crime. Callum has since admitted that he has committed no crime and Adam is the one to blame. He has recently attempted to kill his brothers mate and has attempted to abuse her more than a couple of times. She is now under my protection until Callum can take her home and marry her" I say, staring into his eyes.

His expression is unreadable. I can't tell what he is thinking.

"And nothing else can be done to this situation?"

I quickly shake my head and reply

"the King is abusing his position and due to his level of power, I cannot simply take him off the throne. If I leave this matter alone, there is a great risk that there may be a chance that humans will become blood slaves or constantly hunted down by vampires. This risk is too great to leave alone. War is the only way to stop him and return the throne to the rightful heir, Callum"

"Then war is your last and only option?" Blake questions me.

"I'm afraid it is" I say, sighing as I look out the window.

The underworld will be receiving more souls  than ever once this war takes place. Who knows what will happen.

"Then sister this war is for the right reasons. I would like to aid you on the battle field" Blake says as he places a hand onto my shoulder.

I stare into his eyes with shock. His are filled with determination. He really does want me to win this war. I immediately pull him into a hug. I've missed his strong arms wrap me up and keep me safe within his hold, he was my source of protection. Mumbling into his chest I say

"thank you" as he begins to pat my head. I'm determined to win this war, with my brother now along side me, the chances of the supernatural winning is very slim.