Chapter twenty five: secrets unravel

Looking into her hazel eyes, I scowl at her. Who does she think she is sitting in my room on my bed like she owns the place?! How did she even get in the underworld. That's when it hit me. She's in love with the prince of the underworld, of course he would have got her in. I sigh as I begin to speak.
"Why are you here?" I ask, giving her a blank look to show I wasn't really interested at all in her.

"I thought it would only be fair to tell you to step down considering Blake is back now and he will take over the throne" she says, tilting her head to the side while continuing to smile. I look at her as if she's stupid. Did she really just tell me to step down? Did she want a death wish?

"I don't know if you realise this but Blake has been out of the business for two years" I say, glaring into her eyes.

"Two years isn't a lot for a reaper you are immortal after all" she says, meeting my glare. I mentally growl as she says this.

"Two years is a long time to train and considering Blake hasn't done that for two years, he isn't well suited for the role of King anymore" I say, giving her a fake smile.

"Oh don't you worry, I'm sure I can turn things around" she says, standing up from my bed and taking a step towards me. I stay standing on my spot, my eyes not removing from hers.

"And what exactly are you implying?" I ask, mocking her smile.

"I know a spell or two from my father. He is a powerful sorcerer after all" she says. Amused, I look at her realising what she was implying.

"You're telling me that your father is Rayne." I say, watching her small head nod. Rolling my eyes I realise what's going on.
"Crowe set you up to this didn't she" I say, my fingers griping onto my scythe.

"Oh indeed she did. All I had to do was trick Blake and he fell madly in love with me. If he comes to power, I will be able to pass the throne onto my stepmother and I will be the princess of the underworld, not you!" She beams. I can tell she's jealous. I look at her for a moment. Doesn't she realise Crowe obviously wants her children for something I mean she did kidnap the two of us.

"Aren't you forgetting something little witch" I say, walking over to my dressing table, watching her through the mirror.

"And what on earth could I be forgetting" she says, crossing her arms over her chest. I sit myself down on my black satin stool and spin around to face her.

"Crowe doesn't want you. She did kidnap me and Blake after all" I say, watching her eyes grow wide in shock. So the little witch didn't know this vital piece of information. Well the secrets are all unraveling now aren't they.
"Oh dear, did daddy forget to mention that vital part in your plan?" I say, mocking her tone of voice from earlier. Her face turns red. Instead of answering me, she turns around to leave. Swishing my fingers in the air, the door locks.
"Oh I've learnt a few tricks without my scythe you know" I say, standing up, looming over her mortal body.

"Your mother doesn't need you!" She beams nervously. I laugh at her as she says it. The girl is just a puppet.

"I suggest you remove Blake from that spell of yours before I have to do it the hard way" I say, the fire returning to my eyes. She scoffs as I say this.

"You can't break the spell, only the person who cast it can and I won't do it even if you paid me!" She says, thinking she's smart.
I arch at eyebrow at her and start to twirl a piece of pitch black hair around my finger.

"I do believe you are looking at a reaper who has the power to take away your soul. If I do this, all the spells you have ever cast will be broken. So what will it be the easy way or the hard way" I say, daring her to give me her cocky answers now. She gulps as she looks me in the eyes and sighs. She begins to chant something and then looks back up at me.

"The spell is broken. He won't feel anything towards me anymore" she says looking at the floor.

"And his memories?" I ask, wondering if the witch had corrupted them.

"They are still intact" she says.

"Good, you can leave now" I say, swirling my scythe as a black cloud surrounds her, transporting her back to earth. Looks like it's time to pay a certain vampire King a visit.
Quickly, I transport myself to the world of fire where Satan dwells. As I enter hell, all demons look at me. Of course they want to see my face but it will never happen. Ignoring their stares, I made my way up to Satan's palace and and am immediately greeted with the devil himself.

"Ah Raven, what can I do for you?" Satan asks me. Of course he isn't in his true form as he only uses that to intimidate people, which is exactly what my father does. They disguise themselves as humans and only reveal their true form when needed. Leo has a demon form as well but I've only seen him reveal it once. Me on the other hand, I have always hidden my other form. What I look like now is the form that I was given at birth becoming my true form. The one that I am hiding will not be revealed unless it needs to be and so far I haven't had to show it.

"I was wondering if I could borrow your son?" I ask him. He smiles and nods. He sends a demon off to fetch him and almost a second later Leo appears right next to me.

"Please tell me I get to beat someone up" he says. I roll my eyes and simply nod. I fill him in on the details and we get ready to leave for our destination. The bloodsucker won't know what hit him.