Chapter eighteen: the rebellion

Deciding that I couldn't stand looking at him any longer, I close my eyes. I don't want to fall under his trick and his fake smile thinking he is perfect. He isn't, Luke is far from perfect. I need to get him out of my head. I wish I could just go back to being the reaper who didn't care who's soul they took. I wish I could be that reaper again. The only way I can do this is to completely isolate the whole reason why I've been straying from my duty. I need to do something about the monster sitting in front of me.
"Closing your eyes won't do you any good, you can still hear me" Luke says cockily. I don't care that I can still hear him, as long as I don't have to see his revolting face he can let his pride talk all he wants.
"Raven just listen. I made a mistake, and it was over a huge misunderstanding"
I desperately wanted to scream out and say it wasn't a misunderstanding, it was Luke revealing his true colours.

"Luke get to the point" Blake moaned. He too was getting tired of the immortal's blabbering.

"OK the point is, Raven I need your help" after those words, I open my eyes wide, staring at him in disbelief. He actually thinks I'll help him after how he treated me? That's a bold move for a coward.
"I'm in danger and only you can protect me. Blake abandoned his reaper duty and is no longer able to wield his scythe, he used the last of his power to open the portal here" he states, gesturing to my brother. I look into his cerise eyes. It's true, he's lost his power. I guess that's what happens to reapers who stray from their duty. I've heard similar cases, reapers going rogue but I've never known the consequences to it.

"If you agree Raven, just nod your head and I'll untie you" Blake tells me. I'm unsure of what I should do, I want to know why Luke's in danger and I want to know why only I can help him but I also want to know why I want to help him. There's a voice at the back of my head, telling me I should help him but I don't know if I can trust him. There's only one way to find out.
I nod my head towards the boy sitting in front of me. He gives me a grateful smile as my brother unties me. Rubbing my wrists, I take a deep breath in and out. It helps keep me calm.
"Why is she taking deep breaths?" Luke asks my brother. Looking down at the immortal, a sinister smile is plastered on Blake's face. He knows all too well why I do this.

"It stops her anger from bursting out" Blake says, grimly smiling. Luke looks towards me, fear locked inside his eyes.

"You're still angry?" Luke asks me.

"Well if being called a monster and being kidnapped by the person who treated you badly leads to anger then I'm afraid I am more than angry at you. I'm furious" I state honestly. It's annoying how manipulative these two can be after all they did convince me to go along with their plan.

"Raven I've already said-" I interrupt him, holding my hand up to make it clear I don't want to hear any of his pathetic excuses.

"Just tell me what's going on" I say, sighing as I slump into the back of the sofa. Blake swiftly takes a seat next to me, and begins to explain the situation.

"A rebellion has erupted in the supernatural world and King Bloodbrook has found out your ties with Lukey boy over here. He thinks that you two are lovers, which I also believe" I give him a grim look once he mentions our relationship.

"After I've done this for you I want nothing more to do with him" I say, gesturing towards Luke. A look of sorrow flashes through his eyes to imply he was hurt by what I said. The best part of all was that I didn't care how he felt, maybe after this I'll be back to my old reaper self!

"Right well anyway, vampires are trying to rebel against the war by kidnapping Luke so that they can blackmail you to hand over Ally or should I say Charmeine" after he reveals Ally's true identity, I slap a hand over his mouth.

"If your forgetting dear brother, no vampire on Bloodbrooks side knows Ally's true name so if you kept silent it would be most appreciated" I finish, falling back onto the black leather sofa.

"Ok ok I get it. Well now you know the gist of it, he wants Ally urgently for some reason" Blake says, putting his feet up on the small wooden coffee table.

"I don't understand, I thought he wanted to kill Ally" I say, bringing my hand up to my face, rubbing my temples in confusion.

"He thought he wanted to kill her but then he realised something" Blake tells me. Wanting to know what the King realised, I eagerly tune into the conversation.
"If he gets Ally pregnant, she will become his for all eternity, this would also cause her to loose her Angel side and the vampire venom that is still inside her will fully take over" Blake says, a serious tone evident in his deep voice.
That's when I realise something. Ally told me once that something happened between the two of them when she was drunk and it appeared to be intimate. I hope she isn't pregnant otherwise there will be no point to this war.
Jamie storms into the room, a worried look on his face.

"Luke, I've seen an angel and demon out in the streets in our area and they are heading this way!" He says, in a panicked tone. He didn't even need to identify who the Angel and demons identity was, I already knew that Leo was here and assuming he went to find Ally, I also believe she's with him.
This isn't good, if Charmeine is found in New York amongst the rebels, she may be in danger..