Tim Needs Comfort

It had been two weeks since Tim Drake had found out his big brother, Dick Grayson had dead. He was just coming to the realization that he would never come back. Tim was in his Red Robin costume and sitting on top of Wayne tower. One of Bruce's many businesses. He was watching below. Everyone was walking, without any cares in the world. Cars zoomed by. The sun was setting on the dark city. The wind blew and colorful leaves fell from the almost naked trees. 

He couldn't concentrate on anything. The former Robin was in a great pain of loss. He never actually thought he would end up losing his favorite siblings. He just wished he could let this awful pain go, but he had no one to talk to. Bruce was too stubborn and dark. Damian, the little devil was just as miserable as Tim, but he'd rather punch than talk. Jason, well Jason had tried to kill him more times than he could count, so that was a no. 

Tim would always come up here when he was in trouble. Usually he would be joined by Stephanie Brown. But it had been almost two years since he had seen her. Tim hadn't thought about the blond beauty in a long time. She was his everything. He promised himself he would never forget her, but sometimes he just wished he'd never met her because the pain is so bad. If you were wonder what happened to Steph, she went to help Cass in Hong Kong, but went missing when Cassandra came back. She never actually saw Steph. 

BaBs was able to walk again and asked for the Batgirl costume back, Stephanie was forced into giving up the Batgirl title and told everyone she needed to blow off steam, so she went to visit Cass in Hong Kong. But Cass had to go home because Bruce wanted all his kids together again. When people started asking about Steph, Cass had no idea that Stephanie was supposed to visit her. That then lead to a wild goose chase around Hong Kong. In the end Stephanie's body was found by Wonder Woman. But she refused to bring it back. Tim was the most affected by this. He couldn't believe he had lost Steph. Just a few years ago, in the spam off two years he had lost his father, step mother, Steph, Bart, Kon and his hero, Blue Beetle. Now he lost Steph and Dick. 

Tim was so distracted that he hadn't notice something land behind him. "Hey Boy Blunder" A warm voice had said. Tim's eyes had widened. 'Oh no, I'm going crazy!' He had thought to himself. He turned around and almost jumped out of his skin. There in the flesh stood Stephanie Brown. She was wearing a girl version of Dick's Nightwing costume. And her blonde hair was now down to her hips, but she kept it tied up in a pony-tail. Tim didn't waste anytime as he jumped up and captured Stephanie in a bear hug. Stephanie chuckled. Tim put both hands on her shoulders and stood back to make sure he was seeing what he was seeing. She gave him her biggest smile. "I'm really real" Tim couldn't believe this. He asked in a whispered tone, "How?"

"I faked my own death...Again." He gave her a confused look. "How? Wonder Woman found your body" "No. She found me in Hong Kong. I was being trained by some off the world's best martial artists. When she found me she told me I needed to come back and I explained to her that I didn't want to go back, so she faked my death for me" Tim took her hands in his. "But why?" He looked really hurt. Looking away Steph sat down at the edge. "Because- Because I was Batgirl. I was finally good at something. I proved myself to you, to Bruce, to everyone. Then Babs just took it all away and everyone agreed she should take back the mantle. It's not fair. I haven't had an easy life. And for once I was happy..." Tim sat down beside her and she leaned her head on her. "What's important is that you're back now... And no more faking your death" They both laughed, before settling into a comfortable silence. "I'm sorry about Dick.."

"So am I..."