Chapter 22

I was told that Heaven is such a beautiful place. That the skies are a deep blue and the clouds are as soft as whip cream. It was the place of acceptance, forgiveness, and love. It was a place that would always be home and somewhere to feel safe. You were never alone, you were never frowned upon. You were a somebody not a nobody. You did not have to try to fit in or be the best at something. The only thing that mattered was if you were happy, if you were understood. It was a place of redemption.

Never did I think that I was going there, well not this soon at least.

"Ma'me you are being rushed into the E.R. you were in a bad accident, do not worry we will take good care of you."

What? Where am I? Where's Adam? What happened?

I saw bright lights, pale walls, doors being pushed open. I saw faces but it was hard to see clearly, I was too tired to open my eyes.

"Ma'me I need you to stay with us okay, you have to stay awake, we are almost there."

But I was too tired to try, I just needed to shut my eyes for a bit, at least for five minutes.

I was now in a room full of people that looked like nurses and doctors. There were tools and bright lights.

"Alright we will move her on my count, 1,2,3!"

Oomph!

I was moved to what seemed like another bed. It was smaller than the other and less comfortable.

"Emma, I am going to now place this over your mouth and nose and you will go to sleep for a while."

Sleep, yes that sounds nice. As the nurse placed the mask over my mouth and nose I remember seeing lights over me, bright ones and then ever so slowly it became dark and I went into slumber.

I was awake, except I wasn't. I was looking over my body that the doctors were working hard on. I was injured badly; it was too much to look at.

So I left, walked out the room. I didn't understand what was happening. I asked someone for help but they only walked away. I didn't get why no one could see or hear me.

So I walked around the hospital, looking around until I saw something that shattered my heart.

There sitting in the waiting room was Adam, face pale, hair messy, red eyes, and fat tears rolling down his face. He was staring at a wall so hard he didn't even blink. Beside him was my mom, she was a mess. She was crying harder than I've ever seen her cry before, Blake's dad was trying to sooth her.

Then there was Blake who was pacing back and forth. He wouldn't stop, his arms were crossed and his eyes planted on his feet. I walked closer towards them and stared at the scene ahead of me. I looked at Adam and his face was so easy to read. He seemed dead but his eyes read many other things; sadness, pain, guilt. He looked so sad it hurt.

Then suddenly two doctors ran by.

They were yelling telling everyone to move. They were running to the room where my body laid. Then something happened. Adam got up and walked through me.

So then it hit me, I was dying. I was dying and I haven't even lived my life yet. I was dying and I couldn't even tell the people I love that I loved them. I was dying and I couldn't even hold the boy that I wanted to hold, to comfort, to keep warm.

I was dying, and the man I loved just walked through me.

I was dying.

No, I could not let this happen. I turned and ran to the E.R. where my body laid. I ran fast, faster than I have ever ran. I wouldn't let myself die, not like this. I pushed open the door and the scene in front of me was scary. There was blood, a lot of it. On the floor, on the doctors, everywhere.