Chapter 18

Two weeks has passed. It was near the end of March and I've been feeling anxious lately. There was only a week till' the race in Italy and I was worried sick.

I was thinking of what could happen during the race. I did not want Adam getting hurt or any of the guys for that matter.

Adam has been training real hard these days. So hard that I barley get to see him, only at school. Blake and Adam still seem to be doing fine and I was relieved by that.

Nick's been hanging out with the boys a lot. Working on a car for Adam that he will use at the race. Apparently, Nick was really good with painting cars so him and the boys have been working on that.

I sighed, shutting my eyes tightly. I hate how I over think so much. I never asked to be involved in this. But I am because I'm in love with someone. I'm in love with Adam, the bad boy, the street racer.

I smiled thinking of how crazy that sounded. Im in love with a bad boy, wow. I always expected falling in love with someone the total opposite of Adam.

But, I didn't and I don't regret it.

I will never regret the day I fell in love with Adam.

I walked into the kitchen and found my mom sitting on the kitchen stool. I finally took this as a chance to ask about what was going on.

"Afternoon mom." My mom's eyes went wide but she quickly recovered and gave me a smile.

"Afternoon honey, I thought you were going out with your brother," she said. I smiled and said, "Oh no, Blake left I'm just going later."

Her mouth formed into an "o" and she smiled at me. Silence filled the room and the tension was clear in the air.

"How come I never knew about James?" I asked. James was my soon to be father. We spoke a couple of times but mostly when Blake was around. If he wasn't then it seemed that we didn't know what to speak about.

My mother sighed and looked up at me.

"I know I've been ignoring you and I'm sorry honey. I know this was all a shock to you but it's really going to happen. I'm going to marry James and we are all going to be a family," she said in a matter of fact tone.

"Okay sure marry the guy mom but why did I never know about him. I mean you left me home alone to meet with him and the whole time I thought you were at some business trip," I said.

"The reason I never told you was because I was scared. I was scared you didn't want a new family or a new dad. I mean after your dad walked out on us I didn't think you would ever accept to have a new father or a new family."

My stomach churned at the word of my father. When I was 10 years old my dad decided it would be nice to walk out on us and never come back. That year he left, my mother had been depressed and to lazy to do anything. I had to become mature at a young age and I knew I had to take care of my mother. So i did. I cooked for her, made her smile, made her see what life is really worth living for. I guess I understood why she didn't tell me because that year I also started hating love. I didn't believe in such nonsense.

I would get angry every time I saw a child with their father all happy. But deep down I was really sad. Upset knowing that I didn't have a father anymore. I just couldn't trust anyone after that. I looked down and starred at my feet. I suddenly felt guilty for making her think that I never wanted a family. I did want one I just didn't think we would ever have one again.

"I'm sorry mom. I never knew I was making you feel this way. I want you to know that I don't mind you getting married and that I'm truly happy for you. I was just upset that you lied to me and kept it away from me."